Forums

Help › Forums

Notebook - Automated spreadsheet (alternative to virtual notebook)

Sat, Jul 25 2020 2:57 PM (125 replies)
  • GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:24 PM

Hi Kat, I wondered if it would be possible to have the link for your note book program please , I do not know much about computers so would it be easy for me to use ? Thanks in advance.

GC.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:39 PM

GARRYCARTER:
    I do not know much about computers so would it be easy for me to use ?

Hi GC,

My uncle is an "ol'" programmer of 35+ years.  While writing the notes program, he kept preaching, "make sure it's easy enough for anyone to use, if you're going to share it."

So, IMO, it's easy as (pumpkin) pie!  Completely menu and form driven.  Fields to enter data, and if you use the approach and putting calculators, distances, elevation, wind speed and wind direction are transferred to the notes form automatically.  Courses are selected with a "pull-down combobox", or you can type a few characters and the field will prefill with the course name.  Club selection and shot type are also pull-down combo boxes.  

I'm a lazy computer user ... so I pretty much wrote this for me.  While the notes entry is extremely detailed, entry to the form is extremely easy.

Just a quick reminder ... the approach and putting calculators were written for me by my uncle.  I wrote everything else.  It requires Excel version 2007 or greater to run on Windows platform computers or Excel version 2011 for the Mac.

I'll send you a friend invite, GC.  Accept it and I'll send you the link!

Kat ♥

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Tue, Nov 26 2013 12:51 PM

Awesome TYVM.

GC.

• kilbraur
    219 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 5:59 PM

May have link please. I ar try to do this files myselfs but not good on computer. 

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 6:33 PM

Sending a friend request.  Please accept and I'll send you the link!

Kat ♥

• CapHandy36
    18 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 8:27 AM

I would love to try it  , my not taking is a disaster 

Thanks

• JBaldoni
    892 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 7:53 PM

Kat,

You've done a great job on this. If you wish, I'll share with you some of the better notes I've taken to assist my game.

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 8:02 PM

JBaldoni:

Kat,

You've done a great job on this. If you wish, I'll share with you some of the better notes I've taken to assist my game.

Thanks JB ... that would be cool!  I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address.

Kat

• DaddysKat
    3,554 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 11:04 PM

CapHandy36:

I would love to try it  , my not taking is a disaster 

Thanks

Friend request sent, Cap.  Please accept and I'll send you the link!

Kat ♥

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 11:13 PM

Would like to give this a go.

Thanks in advance

Kindle

RSS