Forums

Help › Forums

Kicking Hacks and Amateurs from Join Game

Fri, Oct 15 2010 3:44 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Mahlvern
    10 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 5:33 PM

Hacks and amateurs level players are certainly not made welcome when higher tiered folks kick them when they go to join a game.

If you are not willing to play with lower tiered folks please use the level filter and set the minimum level tier to the desired level. You then don't have to go through the process of kicking folks and us noobs don't get irritated with the "better" players

• djtolles
    14 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 6:12 PM

Good Point !!

Remember boys & girls; EVERYONE was a Hack & Amateur in the begining.  How do you think WGT is going to grow & florish without new members.  The BEST advertising for WGT is its member's.  Happy members spread POSITIVE comments.  Unhappy, discouraged and turned off members spread NEGATIVE comments.  The bottom line is MEMBERS of WGT potentially can make or break the future of WGT.  So, if you aren't willing to play rounds with anyone of a lesser tier, use the filters.  If you are willing to play with lesser tiered player's, remember to be friendly, cordial, and maybe even offer help to other players.  By the way; I reached the Pro tier and I am willing to play a round with anyone.  It is just a GAME.....Enjoy the GAME.....

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 9:56 PM

The filter works but when no one is available from your desired tier it reverts and takes people from lower tiers.

As for getting kicked from game, it's a 2 way street.  I can't remember the last time I played with a Hack or Am.  As soon as I join the game they boot me faster than you can blink.  From time to time I enjoy joining random groups and meeting new people.   I certainly don't mind playing with anyone and offering friendly tips but I don't get the chance too often.  Lately I've just stuck with my friends as it's quite frustrating to constantly get the boot.

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 11:48 PM

It's not a matter of being "better", it's the fact that 90% of the NOOBS that join up with a pro or master tier player quits withen the first 3 holes.  That is why I will boot a hack or am tier player from my game.  Now I do play with them, don't get me wrong.  I just play with the ones that are on my friends list that way I can remove them from the list if the default on a game. 

As far as the filter goes, Jake said it correctly "The filter works but when no one is available from your desired tier it reverts and takes people from lower tiers."

I will play with you if you are not out to sandbag scores, seriously, does it really help your game?  Feel free to add me if you want to play with a great group of masters and pros.  Reminder, the conditions on the course change when playing with us.

That takes me to my other point.  I have been booted uncountable times when searching for a match or game.  Reason being, conditions on the course.  You as a hack or amatuer need to play with the conditions made available to you in your tier.  You will find it easier to learn the game so that way when you do become "better", you can adjust without faulting your game.

Yokosaki

• Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 5:17 AM

Could you explain in more detail how the conditions change when say an amateur plays with a master or a pro with a master I though it was just the tees

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2010 12:15 PM

Seekerb:

Could you explain in more detail how the conditions change when say an amateur plays with a master or a pro with a master I though it was just the tees

The green speed changes to VERY FAST with a Master in the group.  That is the only change that everyone will notice.

Yes, the Masters tee off further back, but that's for them to deal with.. as an Am/Pro/Hack you will be teeing from your respective tees.

• Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2010 4:32 AM

You are dead right Snaike.  Had a game with a hack and an amateur and they both could not believe how fast the greens were  i had to confess that I was the problem.  On the general theme it is a bit hard to understand why if lower tiers don't want to play with higher tiers they don't use the filter and of course vice versa.  Ever since I started this crazy game which is highly addictive I would have like to have played with better players to learn and still do.  Mind you found it hard to break the ice and get out there and play with others but I really enjoy it except for the occasional bad moment.  I am very happy to play with any tier and if appropriate share anything that I have learnt along the way.  Leads to a better community in the long run.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 1:47 AM

jakestanfill7:

As for getting kicked from game, it's a 2 way street.  I can't remember the last time I played with a Hack or Am.  As soon as I join the game they boot me faster than you can blink.  

This is my experience too. When I was a Pro I couldn't wait to get into a game with someone who had an extremely low average. I figured it was the best way to gain knowledge from a more experienced and better player. Many of the best players are only too happy to impart some of their knowledge to those new to the game.

The majority of players take one look at the average and wet their pants, instantly declining the game.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 3:02 AM

I just played with an 11 year old hack. He played well but I just beat him.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 4:41 AM

I don't know if it was just bad luck or what, but is the course itself more difficult too as a Master? Had a feeling there were more knolls and awkwardness on the course when I played with a Master than when I do it alone as a Pro.

• PAGES
RSS