Forums

Help › Forums

Ping G15 Driver Do not Purchase

Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:16 AM (7 replies)
  • fellridge
    1 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 1:47 PM

When using this driver the blue space on the strike bar shrinks very small making it very difficult to hit the middle line.  Waste of credits. Ping G15 Driver

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 2:10 PM

fellridge:

When using this driver the blue space on the strike bar shrinks very small making it very difficult to hit the middle line.  Waste of credits. Ping G15 Driver

Actually the more the blue shrinks the easier it is to hit the ding. The more precision a club has the more the meter closes. I used it as a pro and had some pretty good rounds with it. Just remember to let the meter close as much as it is going to before you release the mouse button then when you click even if you miss the ding, because the meter closed so much you still get a fairly good drive.

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 5:22 PM

Are you kidding me?  Paired with GI-SD balls, it's the best driver available to Pros.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 5:39 PM

shakyjon:

Are you kidding me?  Paired with GI-SD balls, it's the best driver available to Pros.

even with the tour sd balls it's awesome.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 5:56 PM

If you like a slower meter, use the GI2-S golf balls.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 6:18 PM

Is there a big difference with the meter. Will one star for feel effectively turn a 2.5 meter into a 1.5? Or is it barely noticeable?

I'm struggling a bit with the meter since buying a better driver and some wedges, but not too keen on forking out on balls all the time either, as I tend to whack them in the water or out of bounds now and then. Also a bit tempting to buy pro irons. But that will get me into more meter problems. Tempting though, as I doubt I will make Master any time soon, if ever. Putting is too off the chart.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 9:04 PM

GI-SD balls, wee bit of backspin, a tiny push...see ya

thats my opinion

keep it in the shortstuff

cantfrigginputworthadamnitis sux

G

yeah the master tees a behind me........... but

• golferfrank63
    187 Posts
    Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:16 AM