Help › Forums

Load Times

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 21 2010 8:19 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 7:08 AM

For a while I had no problems with loading in the game, until I cleared my caches.  Now I can't get a multiplayer game going because I'm loading at a snail's pace.  I've had to withdraw from ready-gos because of this  with no time to complete them.  It even takes forever on low quality.  Please... if anyone has any kind of idea on how to fix this, let me know.

• dvlasman
    3 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 7:59 AM

Multi player speed is terribly slow. The load time between shots makes it almost unusable. Its seems like the prgrammers do not know what they are doing. A game with simple backgrounds like this one should not be this slow

• dvlasman
    3 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 8:19 AM

Odd, the other player says he closed MSN Messenger and now the game is much faster... that does not make sense but the game is much better now... so i guess the key is to close ALL other apps while playing.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 11:31 AM

When you clear your caches, and you must from time to time, the game then has to recache those assets.

After a few rounds on each course your load times should go back down.

Happy hitting.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 2:20 PM

Load times are worse than usual today - think it might be because the servers have a problem dealing with the weekend traffic

• shakyjon
    87 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 4:04 PM

Sorry, I answered my own question.  It was from my end.  If our modem is plugged into our desktop computer, then everything slows down.  That thing needs backed up, and then wiped to factory.  Thanks for the ideas, though.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 4:07 PM

Sorry Blackbeard... as every person authorized to speak for WGT has said, even at the peak of activity the servers WGT uses aren't even breaking a sweat.

Now, lets talk about packet loss, etc...  

Better yet, look at Andyson's thread called WGT Meter... if you're using a dual core+ machine, he may have found a decent fix for you.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 4:21 PM

Niv's packet trace in one of the threads a few weeks back showed how packets can be lost and how it affects game play. I just don't remember what thread it was.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 5:03 PM

borntobesting:
    Niv's packet trace in one of the threads a few weeks back showed how packets can be lost and how it affects game play. I just don't remember what thread it was.
    Here it is....

• crazyhorse75
    40 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 6:24 PM

Snaike sent you the following message:

----------------------------------
    Subject:No

No, you piece of ***.. I did not 'rate' my welcome back post.  I don't RATE threads you *** wanker.

Do me a favor, keep you limey *** hands off of my threads.  When I want your smelly ass 'common' opinion, I will rattle your *** chain.

Now, disappear and ***-off

----------------------------------

You can reply to this message with the following Link:
    No

How or why can you get away with this ?

Why or how does WGT feel it necessary to cover up this behavior ?

Why is this member allowed to remove posts, threads or replies they have stated ?

• PAGES
RSS