Forums

Help › Forums

What is the criteria for achieving Master status?

Mon, Sep 29 2014 5:02 PM (27 replies)
  • danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 2:02 PM

Hi Ancell..

The courses become longer when you play from the Master tees..

So you really need a full set of master clubs..remember the longer your approach shots the lower the ball flight, so experiance will be needed to understand the types of spin you need.

The master clubs have a faster meter..thats the biggest adjustment. Practicing with stock balls as a pro can help you adjust quicker to the meter speeds as a master.

Angles to the fairway in many cases also change so good course strategy is even more important...hope this helps..

The people that made it too master too early (such as myself) cherry picked there pro rounds...quit alot to get only there best scores posted..always back-fires. Practising

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 2:21 PM

It's becoming clearer now, thanks. 

So the meter speeds up? 

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 2:27 PM

Ancellotti:

It's becoming clearer now, thanks. 

So the meter speeds up? 

The meter is generally faster if you choose to get upgraded clubs. The tees are farther back, and the default green speed will change from 'fast' to 'very fast'

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 2:46 PM

So these Masters that are hitting 58 and 60 rounds have just being playing a lot for a long time (just like the real thing I suppose).

How long has WGT been going? 

• ccrume
    138 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 2:54 PM

Ancellotti:

How long has WGT been going? 

The beta release was in October, 2008. Someone else probably knows when it actually started. Beta release

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 3:13 PM

So is it worth spending on upgraded clubs? If the holes are longer but the clubs are "difficult" is it not better to stick with what you are used to?

Also, do the balls really make that much of a difference?

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:07 AM

Ancellotti:

So is it worth spending on upgraded clubs? If the holes are longer but the clubs are "difficult" is it not better to stick with what you are used to?

Also, do the balls really make that much of a difference?

All the upgraded equipment is worth the creds in my opinion. I was one of the folks that jumped to master to quickly when WGT hosted a tournament at BPB from the red tees a long time ago. I spent my own money to get upgraded and have tried all the equipment drivers, irons, putters, and balls. It took me months to refine my game and be able to consistently turn profits and never have to deposit money. My advice would be to learn all the courses as you go. ie: play all of them daily. The true masters of this game can shoot well on every course this game offers. If you bring your average to master status playing all the courses you will have no trouble making the transition.

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 7:54 PM

That is really helpful, thanks mate.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 5:43 AM

I wanted to clarify what I meant about people making master way to quick, most of the time they do not completely understand what they just got themselves into. They would play in a weekly tournament or spend most of their time on Kiawah or SA. Often these people did not learn the nuances of the game (Flop shot, Pitch Shot, Punch Shot and wedge selection, etc.). So when I made master I was probably a bit not ready for this as well. In my estimation looking back those that achieve master by playing all the course tend to be better rounded players. Someone once said that masters very rarely ever make a bogey and for the most part the legend masters rarely do. Being at the master level is great, I love the challenge, I just wish I had been more prepared. I wasted a little bit of money buying some clubs I never should have bought. Thats all I meant. There are so great players on here that love to share their knowledge and I thank them for it.

• chuckiee
    2,194 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 10:07 AM
    true true there are plenty of players that will help you also want to play all the courses like bpb and oak before you hit master. Got to go to work and will post somemore info later on this
RSS