Forums

Help › Forums

What is the criteria for achieving Master status?

Mon, Sep 29 2014 5:02 PM (27 replies)
  • Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 4:51 AM

Is there a consistency you have to reach or return certain scores?

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 11:53 AM

WGT will not tell the "MAGIC" number it takes to become a master but when you get your average to 64-65 you will most likely make the transition. Hope this helps.

jason

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 3:33 AM

Thanks, so about 8 under consistently?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 4:22 AM

Ancellotti:

Thanks, so about 8 under consistently?

Yes, the average is calculated on the best 10 of your last 14 rounds.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 4:25 AM

I wouldn't get in a hurry to get there. JMO

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 4:31 AM

Why's that?

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 6:05 AM

Ancellotti:
    Is there a consistency you have to reach or return certain scores?

What you do is buy all the big shooter clubs, the putter that cannot miss and take your 80 avg and with all the help of your new clubs, ball and putter a master is right around the corner

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 7:39 AM

Put this in the search box up top right and do a search on the matter. Look at some of the players who were in a hurry to achieve the master criteria. Go ahead but you better have the game to go with it and I am in no way saying you do not sir. Just trying to help out here brother.

Master status   <------------ search box up there ^>

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 7:52 AM

Yeap.....I wish I had a dollar for every post I have read about someone making master way to early. I have to admit I probably made mine 2 early as well and paid for it in months of crappy play.

• Ancellotti
    68 Posts
    Sun, Aug 15 2010 1:47 PM

I don't want to go anywhere until I'm ready but I'm a bit lost now; I just want to achieve lower scores and I was advised that a huge part of this is knowing the courses by playing more. That advice was spot on.

What I don't undestand is what you're saying about achieving Master status too early. Why did you have months of crappy play after achieving the new status? Are you only alllowed to compete with other Masters or something I dont see how the game changes as their doesn't appear to be a handicap.

I am still not going to beat someone who can shoot 65 or below right now. I am hitting an average of 71.67 so what changes?

RSS