Forums

Help › Forums

Daytona Or Redwood ZB (pro)

Sat, Aug 21 2010 2:17 PM (24 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:01 AM

YankeeJim... I think you're on to something!  Maybe WGT could consider wider ding lines on certain clubs or with certain balls.  Or at least colored ding lines... that maybe have a vapor poof when struck...

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:03 AM

The Master Redwood is, of course, the best putter in the game but as I have said several times, it's severely overpriced for the minor differences between the Rossa and the Redwood.

Honestly, the Rossa can accomplish equal results for a lot less dough. The only reason to purchase the master Redwood is for bragging rights alone.

Putting relies somewhat on the club and but heavily on reading the green. I've seen and continue to see masters using a very low priced putter with very low averages.

In closing, if you can't putt with a low priced putter, a higher priced club won't make any difference. The problem is most likely in your read of the green.

TMPC

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 8:06 AM

Oh the Redwood Pro vs. the Rossa? Rossa hands down.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 9:30 AM
    Along this line of conversation, I believe it would be of interest and benefit to have an additional putting statistic that reflects putting averages that are more recent, say the past 30 days running. With over 30,000 putts, my average never moves up or down. It would be nice to know what one has done lately.
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 11:55 AM

YankeeJim:

Hi, SP-

In thinking about how to describe the difference between both Redwoods a better way to say it might be when you aim and plan to hit the ding and miss it the putt will drop where it didn't used to. It's almost as if the ding line is wider with the newer Redwood.

Interesting, YJ. I intend to try it out, just for kicks, in hope of a finer putting game. Thanks

• saladx
    39 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:47 PM

thx for all the input ! m tryin out the Daytona - hope it stands out .....

• ALByrd60
    224 Posts
    Mon, Aug 16 2010 7:41 PM

i READ ALL THE POSTS AND REPLIES AND DECIDED TO GO WITH THE DAYTONA ROSSA AND WOW! READY TO JUST DUMP THE SPIDER AS I AM NOW EITHER ONE PUTTING OR TWO PUTTING EVERY GREEN!

PLAYED A MASTER ON HIS TERMS AS HE SET IT UP TO PRACTICE AND I SHOT AN EVEN PAR ( I AM A PRO WITH AN AVG. OF 72.66) I HAD TO TEE OFF AT HIS TEE AND HE HAD THE WINDS SET AT AN UNBELIEVABLE AMOUNT AND I SHOT AN EVEN PAR AND OF COURSE HE WAS 5 UNDER, BUT IT WAS ALL THE ONE PUTTS AND BIRDIES FROM LIKE 25FT THAT KEPT ME AT EVEN PAR.....NEVER WOULD HAV E DONE THAT WITH THE SPIDER....BEST BUY I HAVE MADE.

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO I READ ON THIS THREAD AND THANKS FOR ALL THE INPUT FOLKS, YOU MADE IT AN EASY DECISION FOR ME TO MAKE THE PURCHASE.

• Woosnam27
    5 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 4:31 AM

Guys..help I have just won $150 and bought new balls..How do I get them in my bag. as it still shows beginner one's.

Regards Woosnam

• saladx
    39 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:51 PM

Woosnam27:

Guys..help I have just won $150 and bought new balls..How do I get them in my bag. as it still shows beginner one's.

Regards Woosnam

not a gud joke woos

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 17 2010 1:56 PM

Woosnam27:

I'm not sure what saladx is referring to but here's where you go to learn how even though by the looks of it you figured it out.

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#equipclubs

RSS