Forums

Help › Forums

Daytona Or Redwood ZB (pro)

Sat, Aug 21 2010 2:17 PM (24 replies)
  • saladx
    39 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 8:05 PM

hi 

can u guys help me decide b.w the above mentioned putters, is extra 150 spending necessary ? only difference i c is the meter speed ! please advise 

thanks

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 11:05 AM

saladx:

hi 

is extra 150 spending necessary ?

Not necessary but it's the better putter in my humble opinion

• borntobesting
    9,626 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 11:47 AM

imcoola:

saladx:

hi 

is extra 150 spending necessary ?

Not necessary but it's the better putter in my humble opinion

I used the Daytona exclusively since they brought it out. It became available a couple of days after I made the pro tier. I used it with varying degrees of success. Last night as much out of curiosity as anything else I bought the Redwood. I'm not sure if it's because I had lost confidence in the Daytona or what but I am putting much much better with the Redwood. So I may stick with it at least for now. the Redwood seems to roll a little smoother and hold it's line a little better on miss hits. Like I said it may just seem that way because I have lost some confidence in the Daytona but to me it's a better putter at least for my style of putting.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 12:33 PM

borntobesting:
    the Redwood seems to roll a little smoother and hold it's line a little better on miss hits

Are you talking about the latest Redwood? This seems to be the difference between the earlier version of the Redwood and the new one from what I can tell so far.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 1:21 PM

if you are talking about the non-master redwood versus the daytona, I would pick the Rossa Daytona every time!

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 2:43 PM

I pick the Redwood.  Tried the Daytona first and I don't know.....just didn't jive with it.

I bought the new master Redwood and so far don't like it much.  Only played a few rounds with it and haven't sold it back yet but for now I'm sticking with the pro Redwood.

• borntobesting
    9,626 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 4:07 PM

YankeeJim:

borntobesting:
    the Redwood seems to roll a little smoother and hold it's line a little better on miss hits

Are you talking about the latest Redwood? This seems to be the difference between the earlier version of the Redwood and the new one from what I can tell so far.

older version Jim

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Aug 8 2010 9:02 PM

This is interesting. And must depend upon the skill a player has with the flat stick. I used the Redwood for several months and found it to be very good. I now use the Daytona and find it no better or worse than the Redwood. The meter differance means nothing to a putter like me that hits either early or late. Anyone can do this regardless of meter speed. The new Redwood is something I have not tried. I don't understand how something with more accuracy could help someone who purposely miss-hits putts by long term habits and is unwilling, at this point, to be retrained based upon the contrary application of improved accuracy. In truth, with the free putter, I made more putts, because it's poor accuracy was in concert with my purposeful miss-hits.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 4:48 AM

Hi, SP-

In thinking about how to describe the difference between both Redwoods a better way to say it might be when you aim and plan to hit the ding and miss it the putt will drop where it didn't used to. It's almost as if the ding line is wider with the newer Redwood.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 7:33 AM

saladx:

hi 

can u guys help me decide b.w the above mentioned putters, is extra 150 spending necessary ? only difference i c is the meter speed ! please advise 

thanks

From what i've heard both putters are pretty similar, so I would say that you should rent both putters and try them out for youreslf.  See which one you like better.

-King

RSS