Forums

Help › Forums

Master Redwood Putter

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 7 2010 8:48 AM (20 replies)
  • GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 2:04 PM

After playing a few rounds with it so far, I would say ... Don't waste your credits! Buy some balls instead!

Have been unable to find any advantages over the Daytona putter (Except the word MASTER lol)

I'm not saying it's bad, just that if you already have a Daytona and don't putt well, then  don't expect miracles with this one.     IMHO...

• Seekerb
    651 Posts
    Fri, Jul 30 2010 8:47 PM

TextMyPC:

Yeah YJ,

I paid an extra $20 for insurance.

Pardon my ignorance what is this insurance bit?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 6:37 AM

Seekerb:
    Pardon my ignorance what is this insurance bit?

LOL-it's just TMPC  covering for a dyslexic moment with a little humor. There is no insurance, seeker.   :-)

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Sun, Aug 1 2010 10:15 AM

lol yes no insurance. Just got the numbers backwards.

...and I agree with GoldCard. I've been playing with the Master putter for a week now and went back to the Rossa. There is a noticeable difference but not a  positive one in my opinion. It is too precise. This could be due to me being used to the Rosaa and unwilling to put in the time with the new Master putter, but I added many strokes to my game frustrating myself to no end with too much precision. This is mainly due to my style of mishitting putts. However, if you're a dinger putter, this putter would prove to be a lot more precise for you.

In any event, my opinion has changed to, "Sometimes too much of a good thing is a bad thing."

...and that extra precision, which I think is bad, isn't close to worth nearly twice the price of the Rossa. 

Learn from others mistakes, not your own.

• CommanderIan
    16 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 5:22 PM

I really don't think it is worth the credits.  I see no actual advantage from the putting and the meter is faster so for me it was doing more harm than good.  Stick with the Rossa and use the credits to buy decent balls.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 8:29 PM

What about a comparison between the new & old Redwood putters? There would absolutley be a huge difference in meter speed as compared to the Daytona, but from the looks, the Master Rewood is only a shade faster than the old one.

Does the litte extra precision & balance justify buying the new one?

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Fri, Aug 6 2010 8:33 PM

I dunno about you but i struggle to ding consistantly with the starter putter (a hint as to why i use the beginner, it allows me to ding).  So meter speed would be the biggest issue for me if i ever buy clubs.  Hence the Rossa would be my first choice.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 12:34 AM

Would give my Master putter away if we were allowed, should have rented first :(

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 2:04 AM

GoldCard:

Would give my Master putter away if we were allowed, should have rented first :(

ditto my thoughts exactly...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 7 2010 5:59 AM

I like it. The meter issue is non-existent for me and it is more accurate than the other Redwood but the accuracy is subtle. If you putt by missing you can miss bigger and get away with it. However, if you aim exact and don't ding the putt you will miss the cup by the amount you missed the ding. It's uncanny-miss the ding by a pixel and you slide by or lip out. Nail the ding and it drops.

I'm not sure the improved performance justifies the price though. Current Redwood owners might as well stay with what you have, you won't notice anything dramatic. Daytona owners would probably struggle. Spider owners would benefit a lot. JMO

RSS