Forums

Help › Forums

sandbagger

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 11 2013 7:59 AM (26 replies)
  • courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Jun 8 2013 11:45 PM

Loads of people on here never play for credits, I hardly ever do, and to most of them a win is the most important thing. I played against a Tour Pro the other week in a match-play game and he thrashed me. Every drive hit the fairway, every approach went close and every putt went in, I didn't stand a chance. He even put his drive on the 3rd at Kiawah a yard from the pin when I was 70 yards from the green. 

I guess he was over the moon with his win but to me it would be like me taking on Ussain Bolt with a 50 yard start. A very hollow victory

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 1:13 AM

courteneyfish:
    A very hollow victory

Could not agree more, I just don't care enough :)...........Credit's is the only bit that gets me and most I believe...........................No credit's involved sandbag away if that what's floats your boat!

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 2:27 AM

courteneyfish:

I guess he was over the moon with his win but to me it would be like me taking on Ussain Bolt with a 50 yard start. A very hollow victory

Indeed, I doubt it would be a win he'd boast about.

• bubbadork
    984 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 4:08 AM

It's like lying on one's résumé. 

I once got a résumé from a fellow claiming to have done a job I did when I was consulting to another company. I called the chief engineer for that company and asked who that was. He said, "Oh, that's so-and-so."  His name was pronounced much differently than it was spelled.

I invited him in for an interview. He walked in, saw who I was, turned around and left. Heh.

• mickb74
    290 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 6:23 AM

courteneyfish:
    I played against a Tour Pro the other week in a match-play game and he thrashed me. Every drive hit the fairway, every approach went close and every putt went in, I didn't stand a chance. He even put his drive on the 3rd at Kiawah a yard from the pin when I was 70 yards from the green. 

did you congratulate him on his fine shots?

I'm  a lvl  91 TM,does that make me a "sandbagger"?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:17 AM

mickb74:

I'm  a lvl  91 TM,does that make me a "sandbagger"?

No. But if you could putt you'd have been a Legend a while back. :-)

• mickb74
    290 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:46 AM

you think?

its not the fact that I just like alternate shot games with friends?

courteney the stats monster.

• mickb74
    290 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 7:54 AM

ps.

did you actually congratulate the tour pro? or did the sour grapes get stuck in your throat rendering it impossible to comment..

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 9:22 AM

mickb74:

you think?

its not the fact that I just like alternate shot games with friends?

courteney the stats monster.

It was a light hearted jokey comment, you may have noticed the smiley. I won't trouble you again sir, we all have grumpy days.

• mickb74
    290 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2013 9:53 AM

do you?.i don't,ive had a great day.bye.

RSS