Forums

Help › Forums

Best ball to buy

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 16 2015 5:00 AM (32 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 2:49 AM

Sean has posted in other places just how hard he worked to get where he is today.  I know him from when he was a newbie asking questions about equipment,  Bottom line is he worked hard, asked for feedback from others, researched as much as possible, and probably has the ability to play in a way most of us never will.

But he's not an "overnight success" restart player.  He's reached his level honestly, as far as I know.  If he was doing a restart, he never would have had questions about equipment like he did early on when he first started.  Hope that clears things up 1enigma1.

phred952

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 3:07 AM

AndreasHelke:
    After a few days with the Nike Black Vapour I am now back to the GI2-S Tour-SD and Srixon balls mostly.

Think basically been said, but decide on one ball / club combo then map it.  Swapping around will kill you at least as much as anything else.  After that mapping your balls as already said is a good thing.  Have a look at the website of my CC for guidance on mapping (can go via my page and for that part basically refers you to a member of GOGCC who did a great job there).

• AndreasHelke
    675 Posts
    Wed, Sep 16 2015 5:00 AM

I know that I would be better off if I used only one ball. If I had to decide to only use one ball it would have to be the WGT GI2-S.

Unfortunately this ball does not work well enough on some courses and does not allow me to be competitive in a tournament. Therefore I occasionally have to use another ball. Especially if bI want to do well in a particular tournament.

RSS