Forums

Help › Forums

Picture Request From All Players

Tue, Nov 25 2014 9:47 PM (137 replies)
  • DrussTheLegend
    1,043 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2013 6:24 AM

Randpark Course, Johannesburg, South Africa - 1st tee - don't really remember how the shot played out, but looks like a bit of an early "ding" to me......

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Mon, May 13 2013 2:03 PM

Jimbog1964:

Just noticed this.  Realise not to me but  I am an Essex boy LOL (brother a teacher is Surrey made me think it).....These days I live Sydney Australia so those dull winter matts a long way away..............Cheers  I think that course was just a local (but still fine when not winter) municipal course Belhus I think.  I often played Chart Hills (Company had membership)...........I also often I played Lullingstone in Kent with friend's......V long course until they invented the hot faced clubs LOL.......... and OK still long for me when accuracy off days :)

Wow, what a small world. I live 15 mins away from Lullingstone :-)

And yeah you're dead right, it's a bit of long way round of those Comp tees ;-) The sort of course you wonder what the fuss is about until you get off the back pegs, lol

Chart Hills, one of the few courses I could play forever and not get bored. Love the place. Wouldn't make a bad course on here either really.

Anyways, here's me taking a chance, lol. Wonder what lie this would have been in UL format? ;-)

• Daboofness
    438 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 8:27 AM

For all of you Augusta National and Masters fans...here are a few pics from my 2x playing the course.  I have truly been blessed to walk the hallowed grounds from the players' perspectives, INSIDE the ropes...ENJOY!!

Pic 1: Hogan's Bridge

Pic 2:  Amen Corner, #12, Golden Bell (Bogeyed LOL)

Pic 3:  Tee on #1 (Birdied)

Pic 4:  Approach into #13 (Missed birdie putt, made par)

• Daboofness
    438 Posts
    Tue, May 14 2013 8:34 AM

Hmmm...pics not showing up on my end...will post on my profile I guess...

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2013 1:13 PM

Pics are showing and I am jealous as!!!!!!

This is the one course I would love to play but know that will probably never happen.

Thanks for sharing...................but that doesn't' stop my jealousy!

• Daboofness
    438 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2013 1:21 PM

alanti:

Pics are showing and I am jealous as!!!!!!

This is the one course I would love to play but know that will probably never happen.

Thanks for sharing...................but that doesn't' stop my jealousy!

LMAO!  Just got lucky...my wife saw ad in paper for admin position at Augusta National (We live just across river in South Carolina) and applied.  Ended up with job in the Grounds department.  Every year, employees and spouses/parents get to play course before they demolish and rebuild greens/fairways.  Bucket list checked!!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, May 15 2013 2:25 PM

Daboofness:
    LMAO!  Just got lucky...my wife saw ad in paper for admin position at Augusta National (We live just across river in South Carolina) and applied.  Ended up with job in the Grounds department.  Every year, employees and spouses/parents get to play course before they demolish and rebuild greens/fairways.  Bucket list checked!!

Damn!!!! Any more jobs going? Hey I will work for nothing - or perhaps I could pretend I was your parent lol

Signing off insanely jealous, Papa.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2013 4:42 AM

Daboofness:
    For all of you Augusta National and Masters fans...here are a few pics from my 2x playing the course.  I have truly been blessed to walk the hallowed grounds from the players' perspectives, INSIDE the ropes...ENJOY!!

You are one lucky f***er!  Very nice!

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2013 5:05 AM

In the flesh, as they say!  I gotta lose a few pounds.  

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, May 28 2013 5:34 AM

me on the left playing at Tokai CC in Hyogo outside Osaka on my recent Japan holiday :)

RSS