Help › Forums

Slow Player

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 16 2009 4:21 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tigerwools
    3 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2009 12:11 AM

Even here there are hips of slow players. One night I played with a guy and it took 1 and half hours for 9 holes!!!

OMG!!!

When I asked to play faster he told me i was rude... Damn...

• RoadWarrior28
    29 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 11:24 AM

Slow players should be publicly pimp-slapped during a segment on your local evening news.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 11:57 AM

I think the slow players on here use an abacus to figure out the "math" of the shots.  And/or use their lifeline to call a friend... during shot planning.  That's why I have a full glass of wine at the ready when I play with others on here.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 12:05 PM

Each player is allowed 90 seconds to make their next shot.  That means you are, too.

Each player SHOULD be allowed those 90 seconds, without you commenting on their pace of play.

Should you find yourself playing with someone who does not play as fast as you like, simply don't play the game with them again.

As for me, there are a number of things one can do on the machine while waiting... forums, solitaire, television, surf the 'net, chat.

It's not a race.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 12:56 PM

Or how about this... WGT, please add setup options in the 'lobby' screen to select the pace of play, (45 sec for fast, 90 for mid, unlimited or some high number for slow)  and display that setting to others who join the group so they can decide if the time is right for them.  I've seen it done elsewhere.

Lee

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:10 PM

Great idea!  And add to that a couple of "allowed lapses" to wander to the barbeque to turn over the chicken breasts... or baste the seafood skewers.

• Ghostwulf
    20 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:18 PM

Snaike, your comment is excellent, you should be allowed the whole 90 seconds.  If you lapse 2 times or more then I could understand the complaint.  Case in point, I am not a slow player nor a fast player, I maintain a steady pace...... today an individual,  on the very 1st hole, asked me a question about my clubs and the swing meter speed, I took the time to answer him and by the time I readied my shot and hit it, time had nearly expired..... so what I get is "can you play any slower",  and " u suck", followed by the obligiltory disconnect.  1st hole mind you.....

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 1:38 PM

Gotta always allow time for the chit chat.  That's part of the fun of playing with someone on here.  Learning about their clubs, their game philosophy, where they're from and what great courses they've played in real life.

• TechnicalFoul
    16 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 2:37 PM

But these are not tournament rounds.  When you play with someone on here, it is common courtesy to pull the trigger by the time the clock gets into the 50's, at the absolute latest.  70's is normal, 60's if you are really studying a shot from a couple different angles, 50's if you are having a career round and are faced with a 30-foot bender on the last hole to break your PR.

Anything slower than that is unnecessary and could also be considered rude.  If a person wants to really study each shot, he/she should fly solo.

• nhlett
    64 Posts
    Tue, Jul 14 2009 2:44 PM

AvitarLee, Ilike your idea but you will always have those who think you are too slow.

Maybe we could have a "9 iron between the eyes" button.

/end sarcasm

nhlett

• PAGES
RSS