Forums

Help › Forums

Before i reach a 1000 bucks on this site.......

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 13 2010 3:07 PM (8 replies)
  • justquit
    46 Posts
    Mon, Jul 12 2010 8:24 AM

C

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 5:57 AM

That's quit an amazing amount of money you have spent. I guess the big drain is that you keep losing balls and the question would have to be... why?

If you know you keep losing balls perhaps you should practice with the starter stuff until you get better and then spend money when you know it is safe to do so.

I admit that I went a bit crazy with buying gear at pro level and then again at master but it was no more than about $50 in total and if I'd used my brain more I could have done it for $35 to $40 as an initial outlay.

Now I spend about $5-$7 per month on balls which works out at around $60 per year and I'm almost good enough to start earning credits in the Ready-Goes which will bring that cost to zero. I probably lose one ball per month.

$500??? Seriously man, something is wrong. 

As for dropping the wear and tear stats, it is unlikely to happen as it is basically the WGT 'pay as you go' fee for playing the game (which they are entitled to charge as a company providing a service). Without it WGT don't heat their building or pay their staff.

As a bonus you get to play with starter balls and gear for absolutely nothing if you just fancy a game for fun.

• justquit
    46 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 9:14 AM

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 9:46 AM

JustQuit... hey, you're giving your avatar/icon Calvin a bad name.  Calvin was feisty, inventive, ironic, playful, adventurous... but never bitter.

Come back, rejoin the community.  Or we'll have to send Hobbes out in search for the real Calvin.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 9:47 AM

I must admit, I do like the funny image of the green guy that sits in your bag...

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 9:53 AM

ComplexP:
    I guess the big drain is that you keep losing balls and the question would have to be... why?

I have to belive he is exagerating on the amount of lost balls there,  15 a week  would be crazy.  I play quite a bit and  I admit I have used 30 in the last month, but  due to lost and wear   so  I get his frustration.   you cant quite play the same game with the starter balls  the approach changes soo much that it would mess my game up something fierce!  Wish there was some way for them to tell what lost balls were due to the meter, 70% of mine are, that way they could not take one for the game messing up .

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 10:45 AM

JustQuit - I saw your original reply (in fact I still have it on my smartphone memory). But since it has been removed all I will say is that it was rather uncalled for and leave it at that.

I was only trying to help.

• justquit
    46 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 2:58 PM

• justquit
    46 Posts
    Tue, Jul 13 2010 3:07 PM

and thanks paul for makin me think and calm down before i shot my mouth of again

RSS