Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:37 AM

Again, pleasure to meet you all, great stuff.

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:54 AM

ok ,

Hello i'm Mark , a 45 year old window tinter ( i install window film , hence the name ) living in central Florida .  Started playing this game with a few close friends that have given up after reaching Master tier leaving me alone for the most part . I really enjoy playing as a decompress after work with a beer and a fatty . though i may be newer to this forum i am in no way a forum noob being very active in two trade related ones .  love the fun stuff guys and could do without all the negative ...  cheers to y'all , see ya on the short stuff ...

Mark  

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:02 AM

i run a thread in my CC similar to this and it is a great way to learn of the people behind the avatar  :)   ....  i am Bob (some in my club call me BerryBob) , divorced , live in Salt Lake City and will be 56 in a few weeks.... i smoke and drink (both in moderation) and love to golf...my handicap is 15.2 and 15 years ago was 28, so instead of my golf game declining as i age it is getting better

brhthecarpenter:
    maybe i can catch some of you great guys in an alt shot game some time
    i have had the pleasure of playing a few alt-shot games with Reese and he is not only a super player he is great people as well

have been playing this game for 3 1/2 years and usually love it...although at times i would prefer walking on hot coals

great thread and thanks  :)

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 11:04 AM

Beryman:
    i run a thread in my CC similar to this and it is a great way to learn of the people behind the avatar  :)  

The owner of our CC has come up with an idea to post our pics on our CC website last spring, so we could see who the "sicko" behind the avatar really is. Everyone from our core group at that time posted his pic. It was really funny seeing guys who all looked completely different than we all thought about each other. Although there's one current core member (wasn't yet in our CC at the time) who hasn't put his pic up yet. A wee lad from Scotland, who's become a dear friend to the long term members of our CC. But maybe it's better he didn't, this way there's still a remote chance "he"'s actually a 23 year old female supermodel. And who doesn't like those ;-)

• golfvader7
    1,822 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2013 1:48 PM

To all my new and future "friends", it is a distinct pleasure to join a fraternity in friendship. Some of what I read made me LMAO, others brought a lump to my throat, but ALL were so interesting that I only had time to shoot 2 rounds last nite (I usually shoot 4-5).

The 1 common thread we all have is out love for the single greatest game that has ever been invented(marbles?).... lol..........................Seriously though, I just wanted thank my new and future friends for allowing me the honor of appearing on your "friends" list.

"hope I see you all soon in the short grass"............................"gv"

PS......Renn, can't tell you how much joy this thread has given me over the last 2 days. Thanks for having the "fore"-sight to create it. It's gr8!!!

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Sun, Mar 3 2013 2:35 AM

Hi fellow members golfers or gamer,Yes this is my name but you may call me Garry the Wife has a few others which I'll not bore you with at the moment,I am 54 years young father of 3,2 girls & a boy & have 7 beautiful Grandchildren that have really made my life complete.

I stumbled across this game on the 4th November 2011,I have never played any kind of video game before but I do love to watch & play golf,Due to health reasons I can't get out on the real course too much now so you can imagine the smile on my face finding WGT,Also allows me to be far better than I am in real golf living the dream LOL.

Since joining WGT I have met some great people from all over this amazing globe,I've had some very helpful & generous friends too but as you all know this game is as frustrating if not more than the real game,But boy does it grab hold of you I have had to ease up on playing lately I was getting some bad headaches.

Love this thread & look forward to getting back playing more hope to meet up with you guy's & gals on the green stuff soon,It would be nice to have some games with lady golfers but I understand the weirdos put the Ladies off suppose we'll have to live that problem just like to say I not one so feel free to invite me for a game.

HAPPY GOLFING!  GC. the other one  

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:34 AM

I also love this tread , i read this before i read the news   in the morning ,i hope this tread keeps on going .  I am waiting for girls,woman ,ladys to had to this great thread . We have all one thing in commun ,the love of this game and its members ,,,,Well   most members :) ........... Frapp

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 2:19 PM

While we are all being honest, let me share this with my friends. I got out of the shower this morning, my wife looked at me and said I Love You. I looked at myself and said why. She told me I kept my promise, she would never go hungry, and always have a warm bed to sleep in. We have raised 3 children, and have 7 grand children. We started out with absolutely nothing and have made it work. Has it been easy? Hell no. In retrospect, I could have done so much different. I am so FUBAR when it comes  to retirement, but I don't care. She will never go hungry or not have a warm bed to sleep in. And I will always be there. What else is there? 

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:31 PM

RSS