2,981 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:35 PM

EasyEdward WON  by 1UP

• EasyEdward
    13,500 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:04 PM

IrmaLamy:

Hello

We will try to play our game with Ed between today till Friday. Hope OK.

What a great game with a great player and a pleasure to play with.  I almost did not want it to end. Went down to the last hole wth me eeeking it out up 1 on the 9th.

EasyEdward defeated IrmaLamy in a 9 hole match play game on BETHPAGE BLACK.

Ed 

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:05 PM

IrmaLamy:

EasyEdward WON  by 1UP

well played Irma as you lost only by 1 hole ...good job !

and i'm glad to know that you guys enjoyed the game

as of now , TPC = 5 and RLGC = 7

i will up-date the scoreboard later

• Darryl5371
    169 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 3:06 PM

Win to me, due to the rude *** declining  game invites at pre-arranged time and not responding to messages even know he shows as available then clicked over to busy, If you could in form the TPC and thank them for wasting a hour and half of my time on my day off,

Darryl

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 3:09 PM

happy to report my win 2UP with no holes left :

27 Feb
    carolineRobert defeated mdeizza in a 9 hole match play game on BETHPAGE BLACK

thx to Mark for a nice game. I took the lead 3UP at the 5th and made a 21' birdie putt on 6th and Mark responded with also a very nice 14 ' birdie putt to keep the game alive. He then won the next two holes ...great come back. But it ended at the last hole.

as before , it was nice playing together.

• ConfusionMaster
    1,643 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 3:44 PM

Darryl5371:

Win to me, due to the rude *** declining  game invites at pre-arranged time and not responding to messages even know he shows as available then clicked over to busy, If you could in form the TPC and thank them for wasting a hour and half of my time on my day off,

Darryl

Nice attitude and patience shown there bud.

I replied to your first message at 20 mins past the hour to say I was away from the computer, real life interrupting online life, how dare it. Sorry.

Unfortunately that message did not get sent for some reason, despite me pressing send 3-4 times.

At this time you were not showing up as online even, so after 10 mins I thought I'd have an AS practice game during which I then saw your first rude tirade to which I replied. Indicating that as soon as I had finished the game I would invite you.

Upon which you had then disappeared off line again, leaving another tirade. 

You are not the first person I have been drawn to play from across the pond with different times zones, but you are the first to show a total lack of patience. You are obviously not aware of the diffcultiies in getting remote meetings to work online at exact times.

Hell it's even difficult when you are in the same time zone to get these games played. You have to show a bit of patience and flexibility if you want to play these types of games against people.

This is supposed to be a fun competition, alas I feel even if we get this game on it won't be much fun.

CM

• Darryl5371
    169 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 5:41 PM

Yes I have a life to "BUD" and as for patience, let me remind you I waited for a hour and a half, you declined 15 invites, you then decided to play another game instead, send me a message to wait until you have finshed, I was more than happy to wait for you, but then you expect me to wait even longer than the hour and half I already waited for you while you had the time to push the decline button on the invites, you then sent me a message expecting to wait longer, because you as you have put it "playing a practice" game.

Yes its ment to be fun and I enjoy it very much, but im not wasting my time waiting for someone who then expects me to waste more time while I wait for them to play another game first instead that was nothing more than a practice game.

Some of us work and enjoy the days off we get, and im sorry that I cant waste hours waiting for you to string me along just a bit longer, and you tell me to show patience all up it was over 2 hours of patience I showed. Im sorry I was wrong, the world must stop for you.

I will not be playing you as you have wasted enough of my time already, and im sure im not the first or be the last.

Darryl 

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 6:43 PM

ConfusionMaster:

At this time you were not showing up as online even, so after 10 mins I thought I'd have an AS practice game during which I then saw your first rude tirade to which I replied. Indicating that as soon as I had finished the game I would invite you.

actually , as i understand what i read here , the right thing to do would have been to drop the practice game you had and accept the invite. And if you really did receive all those game invites from Darryl , there was no reason to refuse.

i'm not taking sides here ...just to make you both realized that you both had commited to it and had to stick with it.

respect goes both ways. Refusing a game invite without a real good reason when the game was already planned is not right !

• ConfusionMaster
    1,643 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:20 PM

I didn't see any invites whatsoever.

Unfortunately for the first 20 miutes I was called away from my desk

All I saw was a message in my inbox which I tried to reply to, but for some reason, despite pressing the send buttn 34 times it didn't go through.

even the message I did send to him I had to pres the send buttn a number of times before it went through.

The practice game was an AS game with 3 other players. It would have been bad form for me to just quit from that game.

When I was in this game there was no invites on my screen.

I never actually saw Darryl's light on until I was halfway in that game when  just switched browser screens to check for any messages.

I only started the AS game because there was no sign of Darryl between 20 past the hour and 40 past the hour. If he had his green or even his red light on, indicating that he was at least online I wouldn't have started the AS game.

Once Again, I did NOT refuse ANY game invite. If any were sent they would have timed out in the first 20 mins as I was not at my desk. As for after that I was here and no invites showed on my sceen.

• ConfusionMaster
    1,643 Posts
    Wed, Feb 27 2013 8:25 PM

I like the way the time keeps going up, 1.5 hours, now 2 hours.

At most it was 1 hour and I don't know how you can count even that full hour as you were not online between 20 mins past the hour and 40 mins past.

So that 20 mins off that 1 hour.

remeber we have the times on the message. ;-)

RSS