Forums

Help › Forums

Balance Stat on Putter...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 11:43 AM (6 replies)
  • overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 8:48 PM

I don't quite get this stat, what exactly is it meant to do?

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:18 PM

I think it's mostly a measurement of how steady the putter will be in your hands, making pulling or pushing putts less of a penalization if you miss your mark...   anyone?

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:24 PM

Isn't that supposed to be what forgiveness does?

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:33 PM

Yes,that is what foregiveness does.I think the balance stat is just one of those useless stats on here but in real life the balance of a putter really matters. You have to feel comfortable with your putter and that was good balance does. But on here like I said it seems to be useless. Much like the shot shaping stat on woods and irons.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 10:57 PM

Very interesting concept. I Googled it, and this is what I came up with.

"Face balanced putters are those whose face faces upwards when you balance the shaft on your finger. This will mean that the center of gravity is directly below the axis of the shaft. Basically meaning it will straighten a putting stroke on the forward motion. This type of balance will suit those who have a straight stroke that goes 'back and through'.

Toe Balanced Putters

Toe balanced putters are those whose toe was points to the ground when you balance the shaft on your finger. This means the center of gravity is not directly below the shaft axis. This type of balance will suit a player with a in to out to in stroke.

Whichever style you prefer, you will find when you are switching putters it is better to stay with the type of face balance you are using as they require different types of strokes. However, with all this technology, if a putter feels good to you then you should use it, because the most important part of putting is confidence".

There seems to be a clear cut choice in real life. I'm not sure how WGT implements balancing into their virtual putters.

• drewsterinone
    190 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 11:09 PM

The balance

what i think it means is how quick when you draw your pwr back your sweet spot shrinks, you know when your bars get smaller to the sweet spot.

I dunno maybe just a thought

and of corse actual balance!!!

DREW

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 11:43 AM

Hey all,

Balance stat explanation can be found here: http://wgt.com/forums/p/11246/73229.aspx#73229

RSS