Forums

Help › Forums

i15 master2010

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 4 2010 4:58 PM (3 replies)
  • sayo
    56 Posts
    Fri, Jul 2 2010 4:32 PM

hey was just wondering what everyone thought about these irons currently using the g10 Im pretty sure i can handle the faster meter is the distance worth it or much a difference? 

• DonteBow32
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 9:09 PM

Yea its worth it.....

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 3:14 AM

I didn't find it worth it. I am now using the G10's and seeing little to no difference in length, but am improvement in accuracy and consistency. I had had numerous issues with wgt as of late, so I can't tell you for sure if I am giving you the best advice on this comparison, so take it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully my issues are straightened out soon, and I can give both sets a real test. So far, I'm nothing more than disappointed that I ever upgraded from the pro level Rapture V2's.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 4:58 PM

VanHalenLover:

I didn't find it worth it. I am now using the G10's and seeing little to no difference in length, but am improvement in accuracy and consistency. I had had numerous issues with wgt as of late, so I can't tell you for sure if I am giving you the best advice on this comparison, so take it with a grain of salt.

Hopefully my issues are straightened out soon, and I can give both sets a real test. So far, I'm nothing more than disappointed that I ever upgraded from the pro level Rapture V2's.

I have to agree with you on that. I rented both the Master G-10 irons and the I-15 irons today and played several rounds with both. I notice little if any increase in distance and then it is only the 3 and 4 irons that have the added distance. And The G-10s are just as consistent as the I-15s and check up just as well. And imo the 1/2 dot of increased precision just isn't worth 700 credits more. Having used the G-15 pro driver for about a month the meter speed wasn't an issue. But on the other hand I also rented the I-15 master 3 wood and it seemed harder to ding the meter with it than it did the irons or the G-15 driver and they all have the same meter speed. I used it 2 rounds and went back to the Rapture 3 wood. I may check out the G-10 3 wood but as it only offers 2 yards more distance then again i may not.Oops I was wrong it is 5 yards more so it may be worth it. The added precision may make the difference.And as it is 85 credits less than the Rapture it seems to be a good investment.Every one has their preferences and for me the I-15's just don't perform well enough to shell out over 1900 credits for.

RSS