1,382 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 3:54 PM

You do! Learn the punch shots.

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 5:51 PM

mnshiner:

You do! Learn the punch shots.

Exactly what he said!! Punch shots with wedges are amazing once learned.  Its like adding 3 more wedges.  Granted you want like 10 more wedges, but its pretty close and that s also not including your PW

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Feb 6 2013 10:39 PM

snikern:

I like that you judge it as a" genuine waste-your-credits bag" because you don't like the look of it..:)

Me on the other hand will judge it as a "genuine waste-your-credits bag" because you can't have clubs in it..lol

Difference may be, you expect some functionality in it and judge from there, I first recognize that it's but an optical gimmick and judge from there.

For me, the "bag" functionality is perfectly given by the invisible "bag" behind the "My Equipment" tab. You choose your 14 clubs and the ball for the round, period. No need for any other items, tees, divot tools, sun&rain gear, food, beverages... The only extra which I can imagine in a bag with a function might be the break-up of the iron sets, the option to select these eight clubs individually. Alas, what would be the price, compared to the waste-a-pile-of-money Elite bag?

snikern:
    Is there a restriction in real life on how many different clubs you can use during one round of golf?
    Yes, 14 clubs, well reflected by WGT's set-up. And while the "one ball" condition is special to high-class tournaments, the 14 clubs rule is general for all golfers alike in Rule 4. It also defines the limited conditions to change clubs which do not apply here as our clubs won't break in the course of a game. :)

OIC, there may be one option taken away from the online players which is to add clubs if they started with less than 14 - negligible IMHO, and consequent in avoiding players' options in the online game.

BTW, the number of clubs was limited by USGA and R&A in 1938/1939 as an answer to the growing habit of taking both a set of hickories plus a set of steel clubs to the course (poor caddies!). (source)

• RJThom
    115 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:58 PM

I'm new to WGT and like a jerk I thought you had to have a golf bag so I spent 400 credits on one. Now it just sits behind me while I tee off & laughs at me! 400 good credits down the drain.........

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:28 PM
    This post has been deleted.
  • dozerdad
    4 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2013 4:06 PM

About he golf bags. I've been having a problem with it showing up at all on the tee. I bought one but there is no space available to equip it when I go to edit or equip windows. can someone help me out. thx,  sincerely, dozerdad.

• icewolf560
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2015 10:08 AM

Just want to know how to put clubs into it ;)

• PAGES
RSS