Forums

Help › Forums

"Experience points"

Sun, Sep 25 2016 11:59 PM (9 replies)
  • lesselscott
    15 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2013 3:41 PM

Can someone posibly tell me what the experience points, that you earn after every game can be used for? And where can u go to find out your account's total?

lesselscott 

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:41 PM

they accumulate and at various intervals, they will move you to the next level. You can't "use" them for anything.  You gain them through the games you play, the consecutive days played bonus, the level up boosts, etc. If you go to the bar below your name and tier/credits, on your profile page, it will tell you how many you have, and how many you need to reach the next level.  Better clubs and balls become available at higher levels...so, that's the incentive to get experience points and move up to higher levels.

• nolongerlonger
    2,813 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 4:38 AM

Is there a chart anywhere that tells which activity achieves what points?  Does playing a stroke game yield more points than a A/S game, etc.

To achieve maximum points what is the best activity?

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 9:41 AM

In general, multiplayer action gives more points than single action, but it takes longer and you risk quitting.

IMHO, the best for maximum XPs is

1) play at least one hole per day to get the continuous day bonus of 880 XPs,
    (one hole from the course display in the "community" tab)

2) play single tournaments, 190 XPs per 9 holes, 400 XPs per 18 holes plus the strokes taken, in the shortest time.

Thus, 1100 or 1300 XPs are possible for the first tournament of the day.

Some have combined this with buying XP boost (e.g. 2x CDP bonus in one hour's boost) but it seems like "no fun!" for me.

Most disappointing thing for me is CTTH games, 5+9 XPs :(

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:03 AM

In addition to the above, you get XP for any tournament trophies you win. 360XP for 1st place (diamond trophy), 180XP for top 3 (crystal trophy), 90 XP for top 10 (platinum trophy) are the ones I know off the top of my head. This means if you find can finish highly placed in the CTTH tournaments, these become the best way of generating XP for the 9 shots you hit and the 5 minutes or so they take.   

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2013 11:20 AM

You get a point for every time you touch a ball in any mode.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 6:08 PM

What would a 4 player, 18 hole round earn you? Yes, I know a complete 4-player game is nigh on impossible for 18 hole.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 8:32 PM

ArgyleScott:
    What would a 4 player, 18 hole round earn you? Yes, I know a complete 4-player game is nigh on impossible for 18 hole.

The problem with a 4 player 18 hole stroke game is it takes only marginally less time to play the round than the time difference between your post and the previous one.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Sep 7 2016 8:49 PM

IIRC, around 1,600 XPs. EasyEdward and ApexPC used to do those.

But, as you say, it's a high discon risk these days, and I suppose that it needs close to two hours.

A lot of XPs, less risk and much less time lies in an 18 hole solo tournament (e.g. weekly unlimited): It's 1280 basic XPs plus strokes plus CC boni, last about 40 minutes and bears no discon risks.

The best time ratio is given for a single hole practice (on Bandon?), 900+ XPs in a few minutes!

But, what would you (L100) or your CC (L14) need any XPs for?

• craigswan
    31,058 Posts
    Sun, Sep 25 2016 11:59 PM

bloody cheese sandwich for lunch again .

RSS