Forums

Help › Forums

Week 27 Multi & Switch to Master

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:33 AM (8 replies)
  • SlapMcNasty
    260 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:37 PM

OK, so I log on today, and I am Pro, with like a 66 shot average.

I enter the Week 27 Multi-Round Open, and play round 1.

I shoot a smokin' 29 on Bethpage's Front 9. (Go figure).

I go look at the leader board, and I am in first in the Pro Division. w00t!

I go to my profile, and discover I have a 64 shot average now, and have been promoted to Master! (Still not sure how I feel about that LOL).

Can I finish the Multi-Round Open? I assume I would have to keep my Pro equipment, which makes perfect sense. I'd just like to try and win a tourney....

Also... are the PING i15 irons REALLY worth the extra cash? Any "New Master" equipment advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Slap

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:37 PM

First of all, Slap ... congrats on making it the big leagues.

You're correct about the tournament ..  you absolutely can finish the 2nd round, but it will have to be played with pro equipment since you entered it as a pro. Any new tournaments you enter will be at the master tier, and you can use upgraded clubs if you want .

I can't answer the i15 question,since I haven't tried them. I CAN say, however, that if you can adjust to the quicker meter, you probably won't be disappointed. I used the old Rapture irons for a long time, but switched to the Ping G10's a few months ago.... a little harder to hit consistently, but the precision& spin of the Ping irons far outweighed the forgiveness of the Raptures.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:45 PM

I'm with jeffdos, Slap, although I did rent the G15s to try them. They are quick but not impossible. I stuck with my G10s but I did pop for that monster Tri driver and really like it a lot. Funny thing is, it has the same fast meter as the G15s but is easier to ding for some reason. I may be revisiting the G15s. GL

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 3:01 PM

I agree with yankeejim and Jeffdos. When I amde master I quickly learned the Rapture Driver was something I loved but needed to go by the way side. I opted for the R9. I have the master g15 irons but am still not sure. I can play with the Rapture Graphite Irons but occasionally need that little extra bit on the irons. I hated moving from pro to master. I was so used to that level and loved it. But now after being master for awhile being a pro is a thing of the past. GL and congrats on making master!

• SlapMcNasty
    260 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 11:59 PM

Thanks for the kudos, guys! I am looking forward to playing in the Master Tier, although I have NO doubt it will take me awhile to adjust. I have played several golf games, so I know that getting the feel for the meter will be key.

I am glad that I can finish the Pro Multi, since I feel like a win would be a great way for me to end my "Pro" run on WGT.

I have almost decided that, since I love this game, and don't mind forking over a few cabbages for the enjoyment I get out of it (cheaper than a night at the bar LOL), that I will get the following equipment after I try to win the Week 27 Multi-Round...

Driver - Super Tri R9 (looks nice!)

Fairway Wood - i15 Master (237yd bomber)

Iron Set - PING i15s (seems like a solid choice)

Wedges -  I have the Z Satin Pros, but may consider replacing my 54 degree with the Z Satin Master.

Putter -  The Rossa is working well. No need to change that!

Balls - (uh huh huh, he said "balls") - Staying with the GI-SD, but maybe trying the G13-S to see if there is a cost-effective replacement.

Thanks again, and look forward to seeing you all on the links.

Cheers,

Slap

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 4:50 AM

A word of caution, Slap. Those choices are really good ones but I bet the very first swing you take with them you will miss the ding by about 3 inches-LOL. The meter speed is radically different so don't panic when you see the white blip zinging across your screen the first time. GL  :-D

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 5:34 AM

YankeeJim:
     Funny thing is, it has the same fast meter as the G15s but is easier to ding for some reason.

I agree.

I haven't ever dinged a driver more then I have with that Ping i15 Master driver, with a GI-S, or a GI2-S ball though. I'm working my way-up to the full meter speed, which right now seems a little out of control.  : )

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:18 AM

Richard4168:
    I haven't ever dinged a driver more then I have with that Ping i15 Master driver, with a GI-S, or a GI2-S ball though.

This makes it even more bizarre for me because I use the Tour-SD ball. I'm really thinking hard about going to this superfast speed all the time, like with the G15s (that i already tried.) Go figure.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:33 AM

SlapMcNasty:

Thanks for the kudos, guys! I am looking forward to playing in the Master Tier, although I have NO doubt it will take me awhile to adjust. I have played several golf games, so I know that getting the feel for the meter will be key.

I am glad that I can finish the Pro Multi, since I feel like a win would be a great way for me to end my "Pro" run on WGT.

I have almost decided that, since I love this game, and don't mind forking over a few cabbages for the enjoyment I get out of it (cheaper than a night at the bar LOL), that I will get the following equipment after I try to win the Week 27 Multi-Round...

Driver - Super Tri R9 (looks nice!)

Fairway Wood - i15 Master (237yd bomber)

Iron Set - PING i15s (seems like a solid choice)

Wedges -  I have the Z Satin Pros, but may consider replacing my 54 degree with the Z Satin Master.

Putter -  The Rossa is working well. No need to change that!

Balls - (uh huh huh, he said "balls") - Staying with the GI-SD, but maybe trying the G13-S to see if there is a cost-effective replacement.

Thanks again, and look forward to seeing you all on the links.

Cheers,

Slap

Buying a matched set of clubs with the same meter speed is a very wise decision.  All fast  or all slow is the way to go. Upgrading your Rapture irons with the Tri is similar to BP oil and  gulf coast water,  not a good combination.

RSS