Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:19 AM

MatildaIgaly:

Thinking about signing up but it all comes down if I can use my normal putter or not. If  I can im deffo in.

Mati,

The main reason Corwyn and I prefer everyone uses all starter gear is because we've been encouraging Hacks and Am's to play in this as well. In many cases they only have starter gear so they haven't a choice between putters. It becomes unfair if we have some players using best putters available while others haven't reached the level to get the better gear.

We haven't made a final decision yet but I'd like to encourage everyone on the fence to take into consideration why we'd prefer all starter gear.

Are you a miss ding putter? I have to be honest in saying I had never even thought of the difference in putting style when we talked about starter putters only. It's a fair and reasonable argument that using a starter to miss ding putt will be extremely different and hard to get used to playing. That's why we haven't made a final decision. I was hoping some people would post in this thread to make a case for best putters based on the miss ding putting method.

I would really like your support either way. It's kinda silly fun to play with the starters in UL. :)

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:17 AM

Had a blast in the first one, very well organized, exceptional value.  Im in!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:55 AM

Yay! Great to have you on board again, Kurt! (And thanks for the compliment)

You and I finished second (not a very close second, mind you, lol!) to Hans last time. Let's see if we can give him more of a run for his money this time!

• Macduff10
    370 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:34 AM

I am prepared to embarrass myself again, if you have room for me. Thanks.

• brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:00 PM

im in , if theres still room

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:17 PM

Thanks everyone for jumping in the game because there's plenty of room. If you all can think of other players from your CC's or friend lists that you think might give it a go or want to play with, please ask them.

~Reminder, 2,500 credit for 1st, 1,500 for 2nd and 1,000 for 3rd. Gifting from the pro shop or we can work something out(wink wink). If I place in the top 3, the next person after me will win my placement. More than anything Corwyn and I really want all to have some fun and enjoy the UL with the starters. It's not easy and our expectations have to be in check. Finishing all 4 rounds is very important. These courses were picked because they display the UL to it's fullest. Once you play all 4 with the starters, you'll have no fear at all of playing UL with your fancy sticks anywhere.

~CD~

***EDIT***

Be sure to fill out the entry form completely. It's linked in the first Post page 1.

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:57 PM

CerinoDevoti:

Mati,

The main reason Corwyn and I prefer everyone uses all starter gear is because we've been encouraging Hacks and Am's to play in this as well. In many cases they only have starter gear so they haven't a choice between putters. It becomes unfair if we have some players using best putters available while others haven't reached the level to get the better gear.

We haven't made a final decision yet but I'd like to encourage everyone on the fence to take into consideration why we'd prefer all starter gear.

Are you a miss ding putter? I have to be honest in saying I had never even thought of the difference in putting style when we talked about starter putters only. It's a fair and reasonable argument that using a starter to miss ding putt will be extremely different and hard to get used to playing. That's why we haven't made a final decision. I was hoping some people would post in this thread to make a case for best putters based on the miss ding putting method.

I would really like your support either way. It's kinda silly fun to play with the starters in UL. :)

Well, alright I wil sign up for it. However, making it a fair comp, high winds should deffo go. Some holes you might not reach in 3 shots even. Im thinkjng about 4th at SA. Headwind of 25 and up if your even a bit unlucky with a uphill lie(WGT STYLE(which means you loose some 50 yards a shot)), your doomed.

Game On though!!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 3:37 PM

We won't be playing from the back tees. We use only the front 2 tee boxes through the 4 courses in the Open. Last time we got to the fairways and greens most of the time. Plotting the courses and the starter irons carry and roll out distances then par and better can be had. Hans blew us all away last time playing all 4 courses par and better.

It's a gas.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 6:28 PM

alosso:
    - why not do it with basic equipment?

It's mainly (for me) due to AV movements -how I putt) because I forget on a close shot, then smack it `10 feet by;)

But hey, after reading the intent of the Tourney...no issues!

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:15 PM

This time I will play - sorry to have missed the last and I am really enjoying uneven lies.  Sign me up!

RSS