Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 6:17 AM

Corwyn:

Alternatively, you could learn how... ! Are you using PC or Mac? (I'll add instructions/links to the opening page posts)

I read the instructions from WGT regarding this. I know how to take a screenshot and saved, but I get stuck when it comes to the uploading it on the internet. I might have a certain degree of paranoia and incapabilitywhen it comes to ImageShacks etc.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 6:20 AM

If you're having trouble with ImageShack, Photobucket or any other service, I can recommend http://img.acianetmedia.com/ as a good choice.

There's no need to sign up for any account (which might address the paranoia issue!), and there's no restriction on number of images.

It seems to be one of the best options out there (at least I haven't found a flaw yet...)

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 6:31 AM

I like ImageShack, with two "paranoia" features:

- an account of my own,

- a program providing an upload feature. That is, I simply drag & drop the pics, click "upload", and then I receive the URLs necessary to post the scorecards etc.

Too comfortable to hide behind "p".

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 2:14 PM

Corwyn:

Great to have you all on board for the tourney!

MBaggese:
    My only suggestion is to not restrict the putter since once on the green, UL is no longer a concern.

oneeyedjohn:

I agree MBaggese ( I like cheese ) ur own putter woud be an ecellent variation from last time we played this tourney.

Give it some serious thought Corwyn.

I think you for one play with a starter putter, so I am not sure you will agree.

Hmmm... well, a major part of the tourney concept is that everyone would be using the same clubs, i.e. that it's a 'level playing field'.

But I will think about it, and consult with Cerino.

BTW: I no longer use the starter putter, and very much enjoy my new Daytona (so it's a struggle for me too to go back to the starter, lol)!

oneeyedjohn:
    A suggestion from me Corwyn, You can scrap one screenshot by changing to chip on the putting green and take one shot that shows both green conditions and uneven lies.

Nice idea... however, if we do stick with Starter Putter only, wouldn't that mean there'd now be no way to verify that a player didn't use a 'fancy' putter instead?

Frankly I would prefer everyone used all the same clubs including the putter. Corwyn and I have thought about these tourneys a heck of a lot and I thought we had made all these type decisions. The absolute level playing field of equipment and ball was one of the best features of this type of thing. Any player of any tier can play and compete to whatever their level of play can be knowing nobody is out playing then with better sticks. It's all reading the lies and the ability to judge what the starter clubs can or can't do.

I'm not ready to make a decision as of this post. I'll get with Corwyn as well as continue to read any additional posts on this issue. Once again, my initial reaction is to say starter putter only but I'm going to wait and see what comes.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 2:16 PM

alosso:

I like ImageShack, with two "paranoia" features:

- an account of my own,

- a program providing an upload feature. That is, I simply drag & drop the pics, click "upload", and then I receive the URLs necessary to post the scorecards etc.

Too comfortable to hide behind "p".

I always use "tinypic.com". No need to join anything or have an account.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 2:21 PM

MBaggese:

My only suggestion is to not restrict the putter since once on the green, UL is no longer a concern.

But, yes, I can commit to spraying starter balls around:)

Thanks Bro. I appreciate it personally that you're willing to give it a knock. Kick your bud YJ in the tail and get him to fill out an entry form as well. ;-)

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:05 PM

Wow!

Fantastic work Corwyn and Cerino. You gentlemen have gone above and beyond with this Community Organized Tournament. Good Luck to everyone, more importantly have fun hangin, bangin and meeting some new friends. 

GAME OOON!!!

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:57 PM

BUMP!

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:19 AM

Thinking about signing up but it all comes down if I can use my normal putter or not. If  I can im deffo in.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:05 AM

MatildaIgaly:
    Thinking about signing up but it all comes down if I can use my normal putter or not.
    Just do it m8 - big fun!

And it's all practice rounds so your avg will be safe.

Regarding the putter discussion:

Those who argue for their own putter and play a custom ball should try it with a Starter ball: Quite different reactions, thus you will definitely have to come off your comfortable cushion - why not do it with basic equipment?

RSS