Forums

Help › Forums

List of players ranked according to their averages.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 20 2010 4:19 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 12:57 PM

It does not matter to me now what-so-ever BUT when I first started here I did post and ask for the ability to SEARCH for players based on average. 

The reason was to simply see who the best players were and see what clubs they were using. 

A leaderboard based on averages would be flawed for reasons already given but a search by average would be useful for new players to the game.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 1:25 PM

You can sort by Tier and look at the averages. Take it one step further and look at the players scores to see how often they are saving to get a picture of how accurate the average is. Keep in mind lots of players averages are up overall because of the Opens. It's not what you're asking for but it's a work around.

Cheers

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 1:33 PM

There just needs to be more leaderboards.

WGT has a wealth of data that's just sitting there not being used to enhance the site.

Leaderboards for average, hole in ones, eagles, birdies, avg distance to pin, longest drive, i could go on and on.

• funstuff
    35 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 1:57 PM

In response to :" It tends to encourage players to not finish rounds in an attempt to chase down the lowest averages.  It was removed after many, many requests."

Very strong and worthy counter argument. I therefore withdraw my initial request.

• gsprink
    623 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 4:19 PM

If the averages were based on completed holes rather than completed rounds there would be a lot less quitting. In other words, every ranked hole played would count toward your average rather than every round played...

• PAGES
RSS