Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Aid Program

Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:07 PM (28 replies)
  • Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:57 AM

I would like to see both SGTBilko's Calculator and The Golden Chart programmed into a stand alone form. I use SGTBilko's Calculator myself, but I don't have Excel. Therefore, I can't use all the features.

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 10:52 AM

Something like java or actionscript would allow them to be embedded into a webpage.

• steveosh
    102 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:35 PM

wow java or actionscript... i still working on VB.. maybe when i am done :)

• steveosh
    102 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:36 PM

well i have all the basics for the wind calculator all there just have to program to do the calculations...

will post the progress as i go

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:57 AM

Buggyyy:

I would like to see both SGTBilko's Calculator and The Golden Chart programmed into a stand alone form. I use SGTBilko's Calculator myself, but I don't have Excel. Therefore, I can't use all the features.

The problem with calcs such as SgtBilko's, even with my adds, and the Golden Chart for shots is that with all of the varied distances of the club lengths and ball lengths they don't contain a way to factor in those distances for them to work very efficiently and accurately for everyone. So they are really good as a basic guide for general use. To be improved they would need the ability to factor in the average distance for each club and ball type combination, with or without spin,  for them to be more accurate. Can that or has that been done? Yes and I forget who originally made one for use of members of ECCC. I took that one and made several modifications for my use and testing a while back. But  samo samo any mis fingering or tweaking by wgt still throws it off. 

Putting calculators can be basic and fairly accurate for general distances but one still needs to know when and how much to add or subtract for varied conditions such as, breaks,  severe downhill elevations or if using larger putter scales. Also you still need to know what courses have faster or slower greens for additional adds or subtracts

I am by far not the best shot maker or putter on here but I can be fairly constant most of the time.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 8:08 AM

here is the program for the wind

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/145432.aspx

• Ainu
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 25 2013 10:34 PM

dear Bilko,

thanks for the programs!

your wind calculator work just fine.....thanks again!

but the putting aid....it doesn't works!....except for zero elevation..... what is the elevation to be entered in.....feets or inches?

ur help with we appreciated.

and do u have some aid to help in accessing the line of shot for putty?

regards,

Ainu.

• 2DAMFLASHY
    1,141 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:44 PM

^^^^ what will u want next ??   someone to click the mouse for u ?

wow

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:07 PM

Ainu:

dear Bilko,

thanks for the programs!

your wind calculator work just fine.....thanks again!

but the putting aid....it doesn't works!....except for zero elevation..... what is the elevation to be entered in.....feets or inches?

ur help with we appreciated.

and do u have some aid to help in accessing the line of shot for putty?

regards,

Ainu.

It is in inches. If you using the installed program then you cannot tweak the formula like others do. Nope nothing to help with the line, that comes with experience and practice. Remember though if it is a negative as in downhill you have to enter a "-" in front of the number 

RSS