Forums

Help › Forums

Putting Aid Program

Sat, Jan 26 2013 2:07 PM (28 replies)
  • steveosh
    102 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:30 AM

Somewhere on the forums there is a post that gives details about Putting, and even gives you a Formula for putting.

It does NOT show you where to aim your Putt, but figures out how much weight to use in your Putt.

I have taken it 1step further, I made a small little program that you enter 3 values - Feet to Cup - Green Speed - Elevation. and then click Calculate.

It then gives you what yard strength to use.

For example -  Your 24 ft to the green - Fast Green Speeds - Up Elevation of 5

Answer : Hit the ball for 28.6 ft... round up to 29

I have found this to be accurate.

This is my first time EVER creating an exe file . It won't let me paste the picture of the program :(

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• steveosh
    102 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:39 AM

sorry can't seem to re-size it to fit in the forum window.

but if you click it takes you to where i saved the file.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 4:56 PM

I still prefer a calculator, for the simple fact that more severe uphill or downhill putts, I would use a slightly higher % to take off for the different green speeds.  

• steveosh
    102 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 6:26 PM

i was just going by the formula that i saw on here, got tired of writing down number then using a calculator ... i have found it pretty good so far

Thanks to resize it

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 7:10 PM

Hi Steve, good effort and will save time in calculating. The only problem I can see is the gradients. The calculator will work pretty well up to fast greens, but faster greens speeds have a much more pronounced variable when facing downhill putts of 3 inches or more. But after all any calculation is just a guideline.

• steveosh
    102 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:22 PM

Well so far I have done upto Tourny speeds and they seem to work, However, it is a variable that has to be entered, so someone could try their own values.

But then I have been the only tester.  if someone else cares to try, let me know maybe i can host the file somewhere so they can test it too, and be nice for any reviews...

• steveosh
    102 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 8:36 PM

Ok so here is the file... if someone cares to help test it, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5raxaikuhikd/n/New_Putting_Aid_zip

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:11 AM

Good work but to be honest reading the break is much more important.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:32 AM

steveosh:

For example -  Your 24 ft to the green - Fast Green Speeds - Up Elevation of 5

Answer : Hit the ball for 28.6 ft... round up to 29

I'd hit that putt 25ft...

24 plus 5, divided by 1.2 = 24.16, round up to 25 

Andy

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:42 AM

Already done but hey options are great!!!! https://sites.google.com/site/bilkosputterpal/

RSS