Help › Forums

Jokemont !!!!

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 18 2010 10:24 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 4:21 PM

Just my opinion, the putting greens at Oakmont are a JOKE !

I had a 4 ft uphill putt today of 52 ft  on #3 with a 4 mph wind at me., putting meter gave me the 150 which I changed to 90. I  pulled swing meter back to what should've been around 80 ft power on any other course and the ball went a total of 22 feet !!!!!!   Come on, 22 ft !   I know I will not ever qualify and right now dont care but I would like the game reactions to reflect players actions a little more consistently. And no it's not always the players fault ! And for the one's who always say you need to upgrade your equipment, well I think I have upgraded to the best I can get as a PRO Level player and have tried every ball in the Pro Shop and I play as much as I can and love the game, would just like to see a few bugs worked out on here.  And if you say there are no problems anywhere here you are only kidding yourself. I guess there's no quitter's, cheaters or sandbaggers here either.

Thanks for letting me vent here !

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:00 PM

I promise that if you played 80/90 (88.9%) feet, it will never go 22 feet. Either start telling the truth, or get off these forums.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:21 PM

He might have a case TLD. There's a bug like that at BPB#1. From one spot about 20 feet below the pin when you use a larger scale you get drastically short putts. It happened to me twice. The first time I thought it was just me but when it happened again I realized it wasn't.

Submit a bug report if it happens again, Stryder, but it might have something to do with you changing the scale to one that would never get the putt to the hole. Your putt was 100 feet  (52 +48) which may be why the 150 scale was chosen by the caddie. Where you going with a 90 scale? With a partial swing no less.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 7:12 PM

Stryder1261:
    should've been around 80 ft power on any other course
    That, in my opinion was your 1'st mistake...Oakmont is not any other course.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 9:30 PM

My first thought, reading your description, is that you were behind the green on the "fringe"...that extends several yards back. Now, putting through fringe is a bad bet, at best. If you were putting through Yards of it, I`m not surprised at the result.

It doesn`t help when the game gives you the putter and grid, whether you`re yards or inches away from the putting surface. This just misleads you to think the green is right in front of you. That seems to be another caddie issue. I just try to keep an eye on how far the edge is, to judge my chip, flop, or pitch. I almost never putt on the fringe. GL

• UKCats
    165 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 10:07 PM

It's not the speed that kills me. It is the incosistency of the greens.  I have no idea where the ball is going to go. It's tough, but I would like some consistency.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 11:48 PM

Stryder,

It sounds like you may have been in the fringe at the back of the 3rd green. When the ball comes to rest on this part of the hope the caddy defaults to the putter, The fringe is actually 30 yards of so wide behind the hole... I found I was about 10 yards onto the fringe and the caddy gave me the putter.

For the disbelivers that have commented on you post...  I encountered the same problem.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 11:50 PM

TheLighterDark:
    I promise that if you played 80/90 (88.9%) feet, it will never go 22 feet. Either start telling the truth, or get off these forums.

Lighter... perhaps you would like  hit it long at the 3rd hole and then see what the caddy does...?  It may make you a believer...

• TheZiggy
    550 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 5:10 AM

Attempting to putt from more than inch or two into the fringe is a bad idea.

If it's the shot I believe you had, I've been there, and never considered attempting to putt, because I know the fringe slows the ball down very quickly.

• ALByrd60
    224 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 7:10 AM

I know where he is comming from and you think you are on the green when actually u are on the fringe, In that situation I always chip even though the caddie gives me a 150 ft. meter. if u look good at the supposedly put and see that it is uphil on the start you can pretty well bet that you are actually on the fringe or the beggining of the rough, grab you wedge and chip. it has helped me out tremenously in that situation.

• PAGES
RSS