Help › Forums

Driving range

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 17 2010 9:26 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jackazz1229
    1 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 7:28 AM

Hi, I'm pretty new to the game, but what's in my thoughts, is that this game really needs a driving range.

The advantages would be that you would be able to test any new clubs, pratice some distances.

I would make it the way so you can adjust the wind or something, so it looks like a real game.

Maybe this idea has already been posted by someone, and if so it was not my intention to steal his/her idea.

Regards

Jackazz1229

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 12:50 PM

Hi Jack,

A driving range and putting green are on the very top of the Player Suggestion List.  Going forward be sure to check out that thread before posting your suggestions since some features do get requested somewhat regularly. =)

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 8:35 AM

hey  INV,   have  you never worked someplace that all the people wanted "A" to be implimented, but management implimented "B"  because they thought that is the best thing.  If we just let the so called suggestion list stay static,  it will not be importent to those in the know. the squeaky wheel gets the grease!   just saying,   just because it is on the top of the list, does not mean WGT thinks it is important.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 11:04 AM

Hi Wiz ... driving range conversations have been all over these forums for years.    While a nice idea .. I'm not sure it would hlep you in WGT.    Nothing you can't do in practice rounds that you would be able to do on a range.   

In real golf yes .. you need a range to help you warm up.   On WGT it''s not that big a deal.   OK it might help you get your distances down with each club / shot type .. and give you some practice hitting the sweet spot on the meter ... but that's about it.   It might improve your game but just a little .. what you need to do in WGT to get good is take it out on the course.

In my opinion what folks really want is the ability to play each individual hole in a practice mode over and over again.  For example --- it would really help if you could hit your approach shot into BP #5 50 or 60 times in a row .. from various distances between 140 yards and 180 yards .. with varying wind speeds and directions and with varying green speeds ... so you can learn how to hold the green.    Or Kia #13 so you can learn where you want to land the ball so you have a decent birdie putt.   Or on St Andrews #1 so you know to leave the ball short or long and not to the side.   Examples could go on and on.

The better players play a lot of rounds, practice rounds and match plays.   That's how to conquer WGT.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 11:08 AM

Oh, oh - do I sense the mulligan debate again? I've been asking for this for about 18 months.

Sean

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 10:56 PM

lvietri:

The better players play a lot of rounds, practice rounds and match plays.   That's how to conquer WGT.

I was not asking for the driving range.

I hear  ya and with all the single player rounds  I have not finished along with the  almost 500 ranked rounds I have played   I dont need the pratice range.  my comment was to the  " blah blah blah   have heard this before  stop asking"  because  I belive if you , as a customer that wants something different from a vender,  stop asking    they will either forget about it orrrrr think it is no longer important to their customer.  that is not a good thing.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 5:43 PM

Got it Wiz .. i misunderstood your comment about the driving range ... agree with your comment about continuing to ask ... Peace

• apopkakid
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 14 2010 6:47 PM

This web site is really screwed up as far as a simple question to post. That is why I am posting here. Navigating should not take rocket science. How about looking into it or giving some kind of better direction.

And while you are at it fix you idiotic putting segment of your program. When putting in real life you have visual and physical 3 dimensions which help with distance and control. This game is rediculous as far as putting, get over yourself and let us enjoy the game.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 12:16 AM

apopkakid:

This web site is really screwed up as far as a simple question to post. That is why I am posting here. Navigating should not take rocket science. How about looking into it or giving some kind of better direction.

apopkakid, the site is actually a miracle setup in terms of beginner's learning curves. If you go to the top of any forum, find this button:

It's as easy as that!

apopkakid:

And while you are at it fix you idiotic putting segment of your program. When putting in real life you have visual and physical 3 dimensions which help with distance and control. This game is rediculous as far as putting, get over yourself and let us enjoy the game.

The game provides you with moving beads that will guide you in the break of the putt and also tells you the elevation change from your ball to where you are aimed.

If your talking about the U.S. Open Qualifier, the community has agreed that like last year (from what I hear), the greens are uncontrollably fast. Luckily you'll only experience these green speeds a few times in your WGT career.

If you're not talking about that, then you've probably already realized that putting is, undeniably, the most difficult part of this game. You'll improve at it, and pretty soon, those "Uh Oh" pars will turn in to "Heck yeah!" birdie(s)!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 9:14 PM

Hey kid, do you even know what the three dimensions are?  : )

• PAGES
RSS