Forums

Help › Forums

What is your favourite type of shot and with which club?

Tue, Jun 22 2010 10:56 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 10:36 AM

Any shot/club combination that ends up in the bottom of the hole is my favorite.   :)

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 7:44 PM

Mine has to be the 49 punch distance, 60 degree lob wedge,it can be hit from 39 to 55 i love it

• restorethis
    151 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:37 PM

Right now mine is the R9 TP Master Driver!! Gotta love this shot!

Hole in 1 Oakmont # 8

replay.aspx?ID=3ee70666 b939 4cf9 b2be 9d9c017fc705

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2010 9:03 PM

jayjonbeach:
    I'd like to add another question for anyone that wants to answer. 

GOOD! Cause i didn't like the first question anyway...lol...

I just found the thread and I'll answer the second question first and the first question second...Does that make sense? Doesn't matter it's golf...Nothing about it makes senes anyway...lol...

Out on the course I got a sand wedge that I use around the green and that little jewel is worth it's weight in gold...last I heard gold $1260 an ounce...lol...I can get it up and down when I'm within 50 yards or so almost every time...I just wish i didn't have to use it so much...

Now around here at the WGT I love the flop with the Z Satin 64degree wedge...It's almost an automatic up and down...but when flopping the max yardage ya got do some trickster type stuff to get it close everytime...made a few of them flops too...That's my favorite...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:19 AM

GITrDONE:
    Now around here at the WGT I love the flop with the Z Satin 64degree wedge...It's almost an automatic up and down...but when flopping the max yardage ya got do some trickster type stuff to get it close everytim

Me too, Larry. My "trickster type stuff.".........

As flop shots inherently go to the right, as they should, for as long as I have been flopping I use a very simple way to aim it. Through much trial and error last summer I determined that with the default aim the first mark to the left of the perfect line is lined up perfectly with the aimer. I have proved this to myself many times, enough so that when using the flop I never move the aimer-I just use that mark.

It's very hard to hit but I know what to expect so I can pull it off. You might not like the thought of missing intentionally but try it a few times. It might just help you understand how to use a flop. GL

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:32 AM

YankeeJim:
    It's very hard to hit

What ain't hard to hit on here???..lol..

That's how I do it when I just don't FEEL like moving it...lol

But when I do move it I move it to the left the exact same width of the box..Wind does affect the flop a little more than regular "touch Shots" so keep that in mind.

I like the flop in real life to...i get out in the yard and drop em in coffee cans or 5 gallon buckets...I watched Old Lefty doing the flop and I just do what he does.

That's really how I learned to play golf in general...i kind of used the watch and learn mentallity, just like I did at work...These rednecks might be slow but when it comes to working...If you can't watch and learn, they ain't got time to teach ya so that's why i can just watch somebody do something and then do it myself, or not...I seen a guy in the Iron man comp's and I watched and watched and watched but I still couldn't get a half a ton over my head...I just changed the channel...lol

Larry

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:48 AM

GITrDONE:
    That's really how I learned to play golf in general...i kind of used the watch and learn mentallity

The DVR has made watching golf on TV a learning tool. When Johnny Miller dissects a pro's swing for the audience the DVR functionality allows you to stop what you're watching, back it up and then play it again in a frame by frame mode. This is incredibly informative if you're into studying what needs to be done to execute that shot or swing. Kinda like free pro lessons!  :-)

p.s., an amazing number of people with DVRs don't realize that when you push the Play button twice you get the stop action frame rate.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 6:02 AM

I just watch 'em on the T V when they playing and the next time I get out on the course I just do what I seen them doing...I got a photograpic memory, now where did I put those dang keys...lol...Oh here they are in my danged hand...lol

I been doing it like that for about 15 years and don't have a DVR thing a ma jiggy...lol...But i might check it out.I could sort of burn it into my brain like that huh...lol...As if it ain't burnt enuff...lolololol 

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:15 AM

i try to always implement good course management.(Still working on that hence my terrible average lol)..The theory is if u have a 300yrd tee shot no wind..Dont pull out ur driver and hit it 270 leaving you with half club shot in!!Place a good iron off tee at 90yrds out then you can attack pin with full wedge and solid spin :)hehehe so my answer to question is i love a full 90yrd 60%wedge in :) you can drop it almost in cup at will!

Pardog06

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 10:56 AM

Any punch shot from 41-25 yards in. I love the accuracy and control you get and the feeling that you wont take anymore than 2 shots to hole out.

• PAGES
RSS