Help › Forums

Open Championships Wager

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 17 2010 10:19 PM (26 replies)
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:41 PM

TarheelsRule:

The Open is 4 rounds and I think the WGT is set for 2 rounds so you have to take that into account.  St Andrews is one of the more tame Open courses and without rain or wind there is no real way to protect par, there however if rain and wind comes then the scores will go up.  A more fair bet would be the US Open but obviously we are playing at a different course than are the men.  Back to the Open, I think that the final two round score will be under par but not sure how much.  Is your intent to take the winner's final two round scores to compare to the WGT winners score?

My actual intent is to note that the winner of the real Open will have a much more difficult time that the winner of the WGT virtual Open. Final score there versus final score here. Do you think anyone will shoot 59 there?

I would guess the cut there will be higher than the cut here.

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 1:57 PM

I just dont c how this mouse clickin is supposed to be harder than the real thing.  Until we can hook a line to the PC and use a club in doors like an Indoor Goff Simulator that cost thousands, WGT is close but will never be as hard or have every little hump and bump of a green. It is enough to make some GUESS it is real.   This is 1 loser who does not whine aboot his best. I do how ever try too whine and dine the best for it is for that i c it can be done. 

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:11 PM

Ala, you are taking a very strange road with this to prove your point, of course this game is easier then real life.  Its point and click, real golf you dont have an exact aim spot and any mishits miss by a percentage of the swing.  Will someone shoot 59, probably not, but they have shot 62.  Real golf you dont get to see lines of break, this is 2D, you cant read greens the same as in real life.

• TarheelsRule
    5,477 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:18 PM

I agree about the real golf part.  The average USGA handicap is around 20 I believe and keep in mind that would only be an average of golfers who play enough to actually have a handicap.  Many more hackers who can't break 110 out there that would bring that down.  Very few WGT players can't brak 70 after a few months of consistent play so we are trying to compare apples and oranges here. 

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:15 PM

I think you'd maybe get a taker on that bet IF in real life, you could just restart endlessly until you had the round you wanted.

• XxGambitxX
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:15 PM

Well said my friend

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 2:59 PM

How many rounds of practice have the leaders on WGT had -vs- how many rounds of practice the PGA pros will play in preperation for their rounds?  Stop being an idiot.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Wed, Jun 16 2010 3:57 PM

werksux:

How many rounds of practice have the leaders on WGT had -vs- how many rounds of practice the PGA pros will play in preperation for their rounds?  Stop being an idiot.

All I'm saying, is that in real life golf, there are no do overs in a qualifying tournament. As such, scores here should be lower. Practice or no practice, when you can play unlimited times, for the great players the scores should start getting really low. Had the course been unveiled, and a single play qualifier happened, you'd see a real cut line. Either way, I don't expect to qualify as I am hardly one of our great players. That is the way it should be.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 5:08 AM

Wasn't directed at you Iva, it was at the thread author.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Jun 17 2010 9:30 AM

werksux:

So rather than take the bet you prefer to call me names? Typical.

RSS