JAMES

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 1:43 AM

JAMESBALDINI:

THE PING IRONS FOR 1475 CREDITS SWING METER GOES 90MPH IT IS RIDICULOUS

NEEDS TO BE MUCH SLOWER

JAMES

When i first upgraded i got clubs with fast swing meters, what a mistake, the bar was getting to the end before i even saw it move, i'll not make that mistake again and choose my clubs/balls by which have the slowest swing meter.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 2:37 AM

HEY GARY

YES YOU ARE RIGHT I SOLD THE PING IRONS BACK THAT COST 1475  CREDITS AND BOUGHT THE PING RAPTURE IRONS WITH SLOWER SWING METER THEY ARE GREAT WHAT A DIFFERENCE

JAMES

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 4:04 AM

You have to decide what is right for you. A slower swing meter comes at the cost of lower precision.

When you buy new clubs always give yourself about 10 games to get used to them.

It is also prudent to rent a club (I suggest a 3 wood) with the same swing meter to see how you like it. This save much money and aggravation.

Happy hitting

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 6:39 AM

Here's my 2 cents, i have both G10s and  Raptures and imho theres no difference in precision. if i hit a good shot  with the G10s it lands within a few feet of the flag and if i hit a good shot with the Raptures it lands within a few feet of the flag.On paper the G10s are twice as accurate as the raptures but there really not, imho .

On average i hit far more good shots with the Raptures because of the slower meter and greater forgiveness than i do with the G10s.

The G10s have a one dot greater back spin and once again i can not tell the difference.

The G10s hit a bit longer and i can't dispute that, but its hardly worth giving up a slower meter and more forgiveness for. Also i have noticed that  a lot of masters still use the pro Raptures.....em whats that about.

The word up grade on the most part is an oxymoron

• wizbang360
    411 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 6:44 PM

well     a  guy just got a 57 on oakmont, leading qualifier ! Beacuse he has the longer clubs!    disatnce  , if you have the hand eye coordination , is worth every penny.  If  I only had the pennies  I would get them in a hurry,  oh and the hand eye stuff.  lol

• overthetop2
    192 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:35 PM

Will the original poster turn off his (CENSORED!) caps lock already??? You look like a n00b typing in caps everywhere!

• piggymalone
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 9:33 PM

I'm looking to buy some new clubs and I was wondering if there is any way of finding what the meter speed is like before I buy.

Any further suggestions on what to buy would be a help. I've just turned Pro and hand eye coordination isn't too bad....

Cheers

• Rightin
    1,248 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 11:45 PM

Hello Friend,, The rapture pro set is a little on the expensive side, but well worth the pay-off,   I have played with them for about 8 months now, I bought them when first came out.   Swing speed is a little quicker than the starters, but about half less the speed of most other Pro clubs,,it's all about control, I have found them very rewarding for distance also.   I am now, at this time, renting Ping Master G10 irons.  I have found there swing twice that of the raptures, but able to leap tall building,,lol   Explain 4 u,,,, Master tee boxes are set farther back and make for longer iron shots to the green,Approach,,, in most cases varying on the course, the g10 hits a little longer for the most part,, but also stops the ball faster with it's back spin.  I'm having some trouble with them, as trying hit center line on the swing meter happens faster, but when I do hit center, they're on the mark.  You can rent clubs which is costly at 180 credits for the g10 set of irons, but worth the rental price if you continue to play.  I've been playing just over a year now.  Make wise your choices, test the water, renting saves in the long run, but remember you only rent for 24 hours and then there gone.  Find and play what fits your comfort.  Hope there was something in what I said that helps you.        FYI,,  I played at Pro level with starter clubs, trying to become a master, a week or two after I purchased Raptures I became a master,, I can hang with most in this game, only until the meter monster makes it's presents known,,,,lol     But It sure is nice to soar with eagles, birdies, pars,  yeah and even boogey's at time's, it's a game we love to hate but hate to love,in it's time.  I love the game on and off the computer. Good luck in your choice, play well,,have fun.             

• GarryEdkins
    49 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 1:13 AM

piggymalone:

I'm looking to buy some new clubs and I was wondering if there is any way of finding what the meter speed is like before I buy.

Any further suggestions on what to buy would be a help. I've just turned Pro and hand eye coordination isn't too bad....

Cheers

Try this mate  

http://wgt.com/forums/t/6927.aspx?PageIndex=1

James - Glad to see its working out for you.

• PAGES
RSS