Forums

Help › Forums

Putting issues

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 31 2010 4:50 AM (2 replies)
  • Eaglefeet
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 8:26 PM

i can hit all my shots but when it comes to the green the game will not let me putt this has been not a prob as had it from when i first joined but its nearly every game now can some one help. cleared my cache and reinstaled also

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 9:57 PM

Hi Eaglefeet,

Try going into your game options and check the putting grid setting.  If it's set to ON I would recommend trying it with the setting turned OFF.  Turning the grid OFF will still display the grid while you are on the green so you can lineup your putt, but when you start to set your power the grid will disappear.  The grid itself can slow down some older systems at times and that can cause your mouse clicks to become non-responsive or lagged.  You might also try playing on a lower graphics quality overall such as Medium or Low settings to get smoother performance.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 4:50 AM

I don't think that's it Niv.

Looking at your score history I think you are confusing CTTH (closest to the hole) competitions and stroke play.

The only courses that allow stroke play at this time are Bethpage Black, Kiawah and St Andrews.......Oakmont will be available on June 1st.

When setting up a game pick 'stroke play' and you will have no issues.

Happy hitting

RSS