Help › Forums

Why Try Supertri

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 30 2010 11:31 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mrboo
    211 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 8:38 PM

Meh? 3 yards longer? 550 (or something) credits more? and faster swing meter? uhh, what's the point? IMO shoulda made it the same distance or 280, with lotsa more forgiveness and precision. Or something to make it worth buying. I hope ya'll don't plan on making drivers over 280 cuz then we are getting into the tiger woods 450 yard BS driving range...pun...totally intended.

Or make my dreams come true by getting Cobra aboard with WGT =)

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 10:06 PM

mrboo:

Meh? 3 yards longer? 550 (or something) credits more? and faster swing meter? uhh, what's the point? IMO shoulda made it the same distance or 280, with lotsa more forgiveness and precision. Or something to make it worth buying. I hope ya'll don't plan on making drivers over 280 cuz then we are getting into the tiger woods 450 yard BS driving range...pun...totally intended.

Or make my dreams come true by getting Cobra aboard with WGT =)

My dream too. I would love to be able to play cobras on here as I do in real life. But I don't see it happening. 

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 10:57 PM

I have a good amount of earned credits right now... So I bought it, seems to be a solid purchase. The extra three yards are really showing up at Bethpage.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 11:21 PM

When I first saw it, I thought the exact same thing, but after using it for a while I'm really convinced it's worth the money. The 'slight' extra distance and precision make a bigger difference than you expect.

Give it a wirl!

Rehill

• vespa1965
    212 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 12:25 AM

rehill:

When I first saw it, I thought the exact same thing, but after using it for a while I'm really convinced it's worth the money. The 'slight' extra distance and precision make a bigger difference than you expect.

Give it a wirl!

Rehill

Hi,

Agreed on this one, that extra bit off the tee can be vital at times and to me it seems to really hit well into a headwind drive, worth every penny, Yes

Also when in a multi-player game you usually hit the furthest drive giving you the option of getting the time to get up and make that welcome late evening coffee!! Very nice. lol

Vespa.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 6:24 AM

vespa1965:
    Also when in a multi-player game you usually hit the furthest drive giving you the option of getting the time to get up and make that welcome late evening coffee!!

Well, I guess that's true. =P

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 11:52 AM

rehill:

Give it a wirl!

Rehill

Several of my buddies on WGTLS and myself have been using and discussing this driver and the consensus is that it adds more like 10-12 additional yards and the swing meter is manageable when the pair it with one of the better balls, 2S,3S or SD.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 11:53 AM

BiminiBen:
    Several of my buddies on WGTLS and myself have been using and discussing this driver and the consensus is that it adds more like 10-12 additional yards

No question here, BB. 1-2 clubs difference on the 2nd shot. I'm also noticing that top spin in certain winds really adds distance to roll.

Something that doesn't get mentioned a lot is the increased accuracy. The way SA plays if you can land in specific spots off the tee you really enhance the 2nd shot. This driver lets you do that.

• mrboo
    211 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 6:06 PM

I think I'll pass. Thanks for all the input everyone. I relate it to the bad experience I've had with purchasing putters however, minimal differences, maximal prices. I went from starter putter, to spider putter, back to starter putter, to daytona putter and now feel like i might as well go back to the starter putter once again. A mis hit with any of the mentioned is the same....the putt isn't going in unless I misread it in the first place.

Now give me a Cobra driver that's 265, super fast swing speed, no forgiveness or precision, and 1500cr and I'll still buy it, just cuz it's Cobra.

(hint hint WGT) We need more brands!!! Yes we have two of the best in golf, but there are so many, titleist, mizuno, nike, callaway, top flite, wilson, cleveland, bridgestone, srixon........etc etc.. I think it should be a top priority to get more variety in club and ball selection. 

1. Courses

2. Club brands

3. Shot shaping / birds / no green grid / hats / more avatars

Simple as that. =D

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 11:27 PM

"Several of my buddies on WGTLS and myself have been using and discussing this driver and the consensus is that it adds more like 10-12 additional yards and the swing meter is manageable when the pair it with one of the better balls, 2S,3S or SD."

"No question here, BB. 1-2 clubs difference on the 2nd shot. I'm also noticing that top spin in certain winds really adds distance to roll."

I still don't understand how you are getting these additional distances with the New R9 over the old R9.  There is only three yards difference between them.  The Pro Shop ratings just don't justify it.

• PAGES
RSS