Forums

Help › Forums

First day Master... survived.

rated by 0 users
Thu, May 27 2010 6:22 AM (5 replies)
  • SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 10:35 PM

There's a lot of fuss, fear, anger, whatever about changing to master. People say that they regret it, that they suck blablabla... but is it possible I'm just lucky? Cuz it didn`t go so bad. In fact I replayed the Bethpage Unlimited and got 73 (better than my usual pro avg for this course pretty satisfied) ok, my GIR still sucks LOLLL but it is more into the 25% range usually. I`m surprised I only have the Silver Sandman, I should have the Diamond one by now. I have to empty my shoes every time I go to BPB!

But it will probably bite me in the butt someday :)

My only fear now if facing the fact that I need new equipment... so many choices!

Happy golfing all!

Rob

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 5:50 AM

Congrats !

Now you get to compete with the big boys (and girls).

It's not too bad and could be worse.   You could've been like me, and went straight from amateur to master tier.  Now that is a big adjustment.   :)

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 7:29 AM

Lol dont worry..I made hack to master in 3 weeks :) and the only problem was readjusting to faster club speeds and unforgiveing range of master clubs..My sugestion is if you are going to upgrade to master club with faster swing meter?Then upgrade all clubs to same swing meter that way your brain doesnt have to readjust speeds to your eyes from driver to irons ect..It took me a few days of practice rounds with all new clubs to adjust but im already posting sub par ready gos :) Now the masters with 59 averages??Wtf i have no idea how they are pulling it off lol!!

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 8:00 AM

Congrats on making the mastier tier! =) I checked your profile and the bethpage tourney you played in was actually still in the pro tier. So you are actually yet to play a master round. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck with the master tier!

Rehill

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:29 PM

pardog06:
    Now the masters with 59 averages??Wtf i have no idea how they are pulling it off lol!!

It's very easy pardog....you just have to give up on everything else you used to enjoy doing and dedicate every bit of free time to playing the godforsaken game.  :)  Kidding but only a slight exaggeration.  Think I have around 1850 ranked rounds since last July and that doesn't include rounds played in practice mode or match play.

• pardog06
    53 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 6:22 AM

Lol thats good then jake :) cause i just happen to have an addictive personality and in a short time have grown very attached to my newst addiction..Hehehehe the wife is actualy pleased that it has only cost me about 60$! I just told her that i normaly spend that inside of 4hrs at a nice course in real life.Since this game is takeing all my time in real life im probly saveing 100$ a week in real golf :) Im still new to game and in need of freinds to play with and compete against ! Jake you have won over half the ready gos i enter i would love a chance to match play with you some time :)Note to self"Balls with feel slow down meter alot " Helping me a ton now :)

Hit em Straight

Pardog06

RSS