Forums

Help › Forums

CC tournament

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 25 2010 2:15 PM (9 replies)
  • starriser51
    153 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 6:27 AM

Hi everyone, the members of the Sunrise Hills, CC, would like to have an internal tournament, I would like to have a way for the CC to have credits, as to gift the winner of the tournaments.  I do believe the members, and other clubs, would  have a stronger interaction if we could put our club, and maybe a team, up next to other clubs. If someone from WGT could respond to this, we would appreciate, it. Thank you,starriser 51 (Sunrise Hills Country Club)

• Whitsett
    1 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 7:14 AM

I think that this is good idea. Would be play together, or just compare scores. Maybe the early rounds can be played seperate, but definitely want to play the final rounds as a group. Set it up, and I would be willing to participate. Great Idea!

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 7:41 AM

Hey starriser.............

Are you talking about members of your club going against members of another club in a competition for credits?  While it would be difficult to exchange credits directly, it is very possible to compete for prizes, say balls, for example.  If you are interested in a friendly competition, let me know.  I belong to the Pegasis CC. I can talk to our owner if needed.

• starriser51
    153 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 8:12 AM

Hi jcs89, Robert here, yea,  would like the club to be able to have credit so it can buy gifts, or the players, an like u say play with other clubs and have a gift to the winner.  If our club held a tournament, and we came up with a champ, we my place him ageist, your club winner, the players would get gifted but the Club the win, as a hole.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 10:34 AM

Good day all.   Right now the members of the Tightass club and Deviations have a club vs. club tournament underway.    We are all playing the weekly single 18 tournament and matching the top 8 scores for points.   1 Point for a win .. 1/2 for a tie.   This is for bragging rights only and no credits / gifts involved.   I'm posting the results on my Blog page.  Just one idea of what can be done club vs. club.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 10:53 AM

English Lakes and Tequila Springs are also playing a club V club tourney at the moment. 18 hole stroke-play, best of 11. Will update on how it's going.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 10:59 AM

I posted this in a new thread but it's appropriate here. Peep this site for a free, easy way to set up brackets for all to see.........

http://www.bracketmaker.com/

This is the test run for our club championship......

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=364564

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 11:16 AM

That's awesome Jim.

What about the members who aren't able to play for prizes? Like Ready-Go's and match-play for Cr. Not all Club members within their perspective clubs are able to play for Cr.

This thread has a lot of great ideas nonetheless.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 11:38 AM

You would not have to play a particular match or stroke play event for credits......just make an agreement that the winner gets a prize.  There is no way to transfer credits without going through WGT, so competitions could be played for prizes such as virtual balls. This would allow everyone, including those residing in a state that does not allow playing for credits, to take part. 

• starriser51
    153 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 2:15 PM

Hi, I do not think that play for credits is what should be done. Virtual prizes, ball etc. not to be made so that only the elite, win, like now, with the weekly games, the members, as a hole can win, the CC has to be able to control the credits, for all the members that put in, and the prizes taken from that.  now we only have 15 members per cc, if the winner of a tournament got say a club, and the members a pack of balls, then u put the entire club in the mix and every one keeps up and Cher for the home team, thing. an say you may end of the month or what time is given, you should have at the end only to teams, and they play away, as a Club.

I could never play good enough to defeat some of the best we have at WGT, but on any given day some in a Club, may and that to me is the idea, a group, a mesh of different people, that can have fun.

RSS