Forums

Help › Forums

Pebble Beach! WGT (almost) Did It!

Wed, May 26 2010 11:26 AM (22 replies)
  • pinkgirl34
    59 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 11:00 AM

My speculation is that they're going to have Pebble Beach finished by October. I also certainly can't wait; looks like it's going to be a really great course.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 12:08 PM

Thanks Moch! Very thoughtful of you to hook us up. Very fun. They did a great job with #14...the third shot there is a nightmare, just as in real life. Using the starter clubs showed me how used to the fast meter I've become...I was was hitting 1/4" early LOL..Thanks again ~SP~

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 12:33 PM

So how did Faldo ever hole out that shot?!  Obviously he wasn't using WGT starter clubs...

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 12:50 PM

Yeah, as if BPB wasn't hard enough! But, I did beat the pro on my approach to 18! Take that, Jack!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 1:29 PM

borntobesting:

mrsancho:

NOW IM WONDERING HOW MUCH LONGER ITS GONNA B TILL   THEY  OPEN THE FULL 18 STROKE  @  PEBBLE  ??? WILL THEY EVEN DECIDE TO GIVE US  PEBBLE?? ANYONE KNOW?? THANKS  :)

Oh I think they will give it to us. I mean they are not going to spend all the money it took to take enough pictures to do the full 18 ccth type play then not give us the course. It is not good business and WGT  imo makes good business decisions.

It's a tease.  If they ever give us this course, it will be next  year at the earliest.

WGTNiv explains in this thread....  /sigh

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 1:40 PM

Don't make me have to put in phone calls to Peter Ueberroth, Clint Eastwood and Arnold Palmer!

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 3:26 PM

Regardless of Snaike's VERY CONVINCING post... maybe they are keeping it from us that they are really really close to being done with it. :D

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 3:28 PM

I would be very pleased if after the US Open, we could have our first 18 hole CTTH in Pebble since the work is already complete.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 3:41 PM

TheLighterDark:
    Regardless of Snaike's VERY CONVINCING post... maybe they are keeping it from us that they are really really close to being done with it. :D

'This is exactly what I think, or have thought for some time. That's the kind of sense of humor MisterWGT has. What kills the thought though is WGTNiv piping up. If they were to actually come out with the course like we'd like to see his credibility would be down the tubes. Those massive hammers he wields would become marshmallows and we'd all be laughing at him (or booing.) :-D

No, I don't think he's joshing us, unfortunately.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, May 25 2010 7:02 PM

I agree Yankee... from my past forum experiences, which have mainly been themed around gaming... a lot of the fun of it is the anticipation of waiting for something new. If you ruin the great surprises, then it takes away from the anxiety we will have in June while waiting for a new course.

Heck, if it doesn't happen... then we won't be disappointed. But don't ruin it for us!

RSS