Help › Forums

Upgrading Clubs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 4 2010 11:44 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PacMan57
    3 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 11:09 AM

How do you earn credits so you can upgrade your equipment without depositing money into your account?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 2:38 PM

PacMan57:

How do you earn credits so you can upgrade your equipment without depositing money into your account?

One way to earn credits is by Completing Offers. Offers like signing up for DirecTV, Netflix, etc. can earn you as little as 15 credits and as many as 28,000!

Another way is by playing in Tournaments. Many weekly tournaments offer a real prize or credit prizes.

The last (and in my opinion, most efficient way) is by playing in Ready-Gos. These tournaments cost 100 credits to enter and pay off at 5,500 credits. However, you must finish well in order to get your 100 credits back!

• faithful2thecall
    27 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 1:37 AM

See, I've stayed away from the Ready-Gos so far because I don't feel I score well consistently enough to finish well enough to get my 100 credits back (I want to say I figured it to be top-15, but I may have done my math wrong).  And my average for the past week or so has been high 72-low 73.

PacMan's average is worse than mine (76+), and it appears is largely propped up by a 33 he shot recently.  So, I would recommend he not look into that option for the time being until he improves his game.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 6:05 AM

You may win credits in the tournaments, but it seems to me that without buying good equipment first, you're unlikely to do well in the tournaments, so it's a Catch-22.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 6:07 AM

You're definitely correct, faithful2thecall.

I stayed away from Ready-Gos my whole career until a few weeks ago. I figure if you can't shoot 60-65 average on Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course and St. Andrews, you need to stay away from them. From my experience, a 66-68 on Bethpage will almost always earn your credits back... but if you want to make the real dough you need to be shoot in the low 60s.

• Neandrathal
    32 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 1:26 PM

TheLighterDark:

I stayed away from Ready-Gos my whole career until a few weeks ago. I figure if you can't shoot 60-65 average on Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course and St. Andrews, you need to stay away from them. From my experience, a 66-68 on Bethpage will almost always earn your credits back... but if you want to make the real dough you need to be shoot in the low 60s.

I guess I'll be playing for the fun of it,and the forum gab.

...N...

• faithful2thecall
    27 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:21 PM

Neandrathal:

TheLighterDark:

I guess I'll be playing for the fun of it,and the forum gab.

...N...

That's primarily what I play for, though I have cashed once in a CTTH tournament so far (2 credits for 40th place in a monthly event).  It's a slow process to try to earn credits, unless you have a round when you're absolutely in the zone and hitting everything pure and on target.

I have 5 finishes between 187th and 201st, and one other top 150 finish, so I have a few tin tournament trophies, but haven't gotten over the hump into placing close to the money more regularly.  Granted, I've only been around for a little over a month, and I should get better with practice.

• Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 8:21 PM

I have just tried the open at St Andrews as a Pro and pulled out at the 18th. 

Why ?  Because I was at 11 over par mainly due to poor equipment.

I was unable to reach the fairway on 5 occasions - 1,4,5,14 and 15.

I did exchange my driver for what is supposed to be a better one - 100 credits, but I find that most times I am outdriven by everyone and my timing is very close or spot on most of the time. I appreciate that going for the Open Tournament we are playing of the tournament tees but if you can't reach the fairway - what's the point of trying. I could wait until there is no wind - like never - or just stop playing in those.  Disappointing though.

Make it hard by all means but let's not make it impossible. OK, so I am not willing to spend money on equipment so I guess it's all about money and as I am a pensioner I cannot afford to do so.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 3:51 PM

Morgeo:

Make it hard by all means but let's not make it impossible. OK, so I am not willing to spend money on equipment so I guess it's all about money and as I am a pensioner I cannot afford to do so.

The two courses are difficult, you are right, but not impossible. As of right now, both of the qualifiers have sub-60 scores.

WGT is currently letting you play for free and you can earn credits in a number of ways without using real money. If you don't like spending money, you don't have to.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 8:03 PM

TheLighterDark:
    As of right now, both of the qualifiers have sub-60 scores.
    Wouldn't sub-60 be 59 ?      ; )

• PAGES
RSS