Forums

Help › Forums

Time to revive the reputation filter in multi-play options!

Wed, Mar 25 2015 2:19 PM (34 replies)
  • muttsnutts69
    283 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:46 PM

Take this on-board then Pizza.

Yesterday I wrongly set up a strokeplay game when I really wanted an Alternate Shot game, there was no option other than 'forfeit' which I did, as it was my mistake.

But lo and behold when we all came back,  everyone's percentage had been docked 3%.

That is just plain crazy and unfair, not only to me, but to all players.

A genuine mistake should not be punished before anyone has hit a stroke. Had we all started to play then perhaps that is different.

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 6:26 PM

Life is not consistent.  We, human beings are not consistent.  Those who really don't quit games had to go through certain experiences to realize that only by finishing what we start we can build a stronger character.  So, we wish that everyone had that same self determination to be true to themselves, but still we have to share life and WGT with people that haven't learned that yet.  Still, we could give them not only good advice but also a very strong example to follow.  Encapsulating ourselves into closed rings among "only reliable players" does not help anyone.  On the other hand, we have a very vulnerable game that also fails on connectivity.  So, we end up back where we started :  With a simple game only to be enjoyed and shared with others like us.  There are plenty of laws, regulations, taxes and fears in our real lives ! ... Why should this game be so "Gestapo-ed" as well ?

I don't like the %, still I don't have a problem with it.  I play with everyone I can and my % fluctuates between 87% and 100% all the time, so ... I NO LONGER CARE ABOUT THAT % THING ... I simply enjoy the whacks, the good company, the jokes and this beautiful game ! ... Cheers !

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 5:27 AM

Nice point, Q.  

I would only say from my vantage point that the % repairs itself fast enough with consistent finishing of rounds.  Those worried about a silly 3% are focusing on the wrong things.

• Rakassan
    100 Posts
    Tue, Mar 24 2015 2:53 AM

How do you check your % ?

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, Mar 25 2015 2:19 PM

Rakassan:

How do you check your % ?

By time traveling back to 2012 when this thread was active.

RSS