Forums

Help › Forums

PGA Tour Suggestion

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 19 2010 2:24 PM (3 replies)
  • TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 1:14 PM

I think it would be an awesome idea to actually get a PGA Tour going on here. As in the top players on the site actually get to participate in the tournaments that the Pros are actually playing for that week. 

Since we only have three courses, WGT would have to choose the course that the tournament is played at. It would be cool to follow the Pros around and play like they do. We could check up every week to see who is in the weekly, monthly, and yearly money lead... 

The PGA has a tournament almost every week starting in January and ending in Novemember... I think this would be an awesome idea. 

Only problems I see are:

1. Tournament sponsors (Buick, Honda, AT&T, Valero, etc.) not letting you use their names here. In that case you could just put "Weekly PGA Tournament" in place of it.
    2. Tiers. If a player ranks up, they would have to reset to $0 earnings for the week/month/year for their new Tier.

But yeah, maybe it's just me but I think this would be an awesome idea. It would even be fun to include the Ryder Cup, where we could pit all Europe vs. USA (or, in WGT's case, the rest of the world)! 

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 10:06 AM

I like the idea...

I think where Major Sponsors are lacking, this could be enhanced by smaller business and even localized advertisement.

I think you could get 100-150 (rough estimate) around the country to pay 500 bucks or so to have a "Centennial Golf Club Open" at St. Andrews...yes, I know it sounds funny but the niche market is there and the core audience of players at WGT are in real life, golfers.

Just an idea on how to subsidize the cost..but I def think your onto something there.

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 10:19 AM

(Before I start, I warn that this may sound like a plug).

TLD, on the ladders site (which you just happened to have joined), there is a tourney called the 'PGA Tour', and is very similar to your idea, except for the named tourneys (at the moment). Every week, players play 4 rounds in 4 days, with the top 50 finishers getting 'Prize Money' towards their career total.

Also, every so often (looks like every year), there is a Ryder Cup, the next one being at St.Andrews. There's also Seveking's Ryder Cup , which is run of these forums. It gets some of the best players on the site, so may be one for you as well.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Wed, May 19 2010 2:24 PM

I know thanks Ellis, I literally joined The ladders site a few minutes after making this thread... I was hoping it would drop to the dead before anyone saw/commented... 

However it's still something I would love to see integrated into this site. 

RSS