Help › Forums

Beat Ball

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 17 2010 3:55 AM (6 replies)
  • Longshire
    186 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 6:41 PM

Question for the community:

Scenario: U have been playin a few rounds etc...

U ball is almost at the end of its hide covered life...

U want to play a new round or ready-go or Match Play Plus...

What to do ......U want to start with a fresh ball...but U only got about 6 holes left on U old ball..is it a dis-advantage to be competing with a worn ball?

Sometimes after my warm-ups..I gots to lose the worn-out small ball before startin fresh!

What's the poop?

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 7:37 PM

Hey Longshire, The ball reacts the same from the first stroke to the last (unlike real life golf), so the only concern you should have is, do you have replacements for it when it Does wear out?

Remember that the replacement ball has to be the exact same type And color, otherwise you get the free WGT ball in mid-round when the last one is used up. Also, you can buy more balls during a round if you find yourself in that situation. GL

• Longshire
    186 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 10:44 PM

I usually keep 2 dozen in the bag...just have noticed tho that when the ball is low on the life expectency scale...it performs a little weaker...

Which brings me back to the inquiry: Are U at a disadvantage with a ball that has it's hide ripped up(almost kaput)?

And if so(which I believe is true)..what to do the next upcoming game when U ball life is terminal?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 11:21 PM

Longshire:
    Are U at a disadvantage with a ball that has it's hide ripped up(almost kaput)?

No.

mefitz:
    The ball reacts the same from the first stroke to the last (

Every ball here at WGT will be EXACTLY the same from first hit to last.

WGT has addressed this issue before here on the forums.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 7:17 AM

mefitz:

Hey Longshire, The ball reacts the same from the first stroke to the last (unlike real life golf), so the only concern you should have is, do you have replacements for it when it Does wear out?

Remember that the replacement ball has to be the exact same type And color, otherwise you get the free WGT ball in mid-round when the last one is used up. Also, you can buy more balls during a round if you find yourself in that situation. GL

BUT, you have to make the purchase while you still have your good ball in play. 

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 12:11 AM

How do you go about buying balls in mid game I didn't know you could do this

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 3:55 AM

You need to have the WGT.com window open in the back ground.

Go to the pro shop and buy balls as you normally would and they will show up in your bag.

You do not need to 'equip your bag' because the balls are already equipped.

Remember as ALACOWBOY said. You need to do this before you run out. If you have already defaulted to the standard ball you are S.O.L.

Happy hitting

RSS