Forums

Help › Forums

New Tour Legend Tournaments

Wed, Apr 1 2020 9:53 AM (151 replies)
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:55 AM

From it's inception, any player below an average of 60 after 100 games would become a Tour Legend.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 8:08 AM

greatwhitedale:
    can someone please explain how TOUR LEGEND works ? and how u qualify, im still seeing WGT's best players still in legend tier and not the new one in tour legend, WHY ???????,  here are just some names and these are probably THE BEST HERE, >> bolloxinbruges / mrenn / genorb / preistess / jimbeam, just to name a few, a couple of those names  have won the most amount of prizemoney here well over 10,000 dollars worth, and there still just a legend ? hmmmm       there averages are also lower than the current people in tour legend  tier, so im really confused.  

Some of these players you mentioned currently are playing very few ranked rounds.  You need anywhere from 80-100 with an average below 60.  Also when you hit tour legend, like any other tier progression, your average resets.

Cheers,

b0gey

• Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:38 AM

b0geybuster:

greatwhitedale:
    can someone please explain how TOUR LEGEND works ? and how u qualify, im still seeing WGT's best players still in legend tier and not the new one in tour legend, WHY ???????,  here are just some names and these are probably THE BEST HERE, >> bolloxinbruges / mrenn / genorb / preistess / jimbeam, just to name a few, a couple of those names  have won the most amount of prizemoney here well over 10,000 dollars worth, and there still just a legend ? hmmmm       there averages are also lower than the current people in tour legend  tier, so im really confused.  

Some of these players you mentioned currently are playing very few ranked rounds.  You need anywhere from 80-100 with an average below 60.  Also when you hit tour legend, like any other tier progression, your average resets.

Cheers,

b0gey

But some of those who are playing fewer ranked rounds are purposely doing so to keep from moving to Tour Legend. Now why they are IMO is to be able to cherry pick Legend weekly and monthly tournaments with less competition. ( the top of almost every legend tournament leader board has 2,3 or 4 or so who IMO should put in their rounds, as they did before TL was introduced, and move up.)

Without naming anyone, a couple players who would fall in top 20 of all players;

from their scoring history

in the 6 weeks since TL tier created have played 60-70 ranked rounds ( slow down for both started Aug 2 2012.

in the 2-3 weeks prior ( as far back as their history goes ) 110-115 ranked rounds.

so just doubling prior to new tier rounds would be 220-230 ( low end number ) rate of play for about 6 weeks down to actual 60-70 for 6 weeks.

Really come on, what, are they afraid of moving up.? 

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 1:13 PM

My understanding is you have to get in 100 ranked sub 60 rounds, or average sub 60 in those 100 ranked rounds before you move up. They started keeping track of the 100 ranked rounds Aug 2nd I believe.

I was moved up this weekend. I didn't play hardly at all for the first couple of weeks or more of August. When I did start playing I wasn't even aware there was a new tier. Now my average is going up to where it SHOULD be. Not down at the unrealistic 57.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 5:22 PM

DarSum:
    When I did start playing I wasn't even aware there was a new tier.

See, that's why I kept send AS game requests to you...set ya up on Champ greens and keep mum about it;)

DarSum:
    Now my average is going up to where it SHOULD be. Not down at the unrealistic 57.

Yep, I agree...I made mention before the new Tier was rolled out and Gold had started a post, That my then 58-something didn't reflect my actual play (should have been 55...lol)..but more like 62-64...Hey, the ego has deflated some, but maybe I'll be able to get into Skins game eventually!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 5:25 PM

Cavan01:

I think if you take the top 50-sh Legend credit earners that haven't moved up yet, there is no need for those guys to lay back...they already have a healthy credit pile...I think the main reason a majority haven't turned yet is it's still summer/vacation time for many...much more things for them to do IRL than bang out rounds to move up.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 7:25 PM

MBaggese:

And ya had to toss Oak in there;)

memo to self...take WGTWildcat off my Xmas list! :)

Well done WGT!

I have a hard time at Oakmont. Specially #9, where they have the pin. Not too anxious to get to tour legend even if I could, I have lots of work to do to get to a 60 ave. 

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:00 PM

Cavan01:

b0geybuster:

greatwhitedale:

Cheers,

b0gey

But some of those who are playing fewer ranked rounds are purposely doing so to keep from moving to Tour Legend. Now why they are IMO is to be able to cherry pick Legend weekly and monthly tournaments with less competition. ( the top of almost every legend tournament leader board has 2,3 or 4 or so who IMO should put in their rounds, as they did before TL was introduced, and move up.)

Without naming anyone, a couple players who would fall in top 20 of all players;

from their scoring history

in the 6 weeks since TL tier created have played 60-70 ranked rounds ( slow down for both started Aug 2 2012.

in the 2-3 weeks prior ( as far back as their history goes ) 110-115 ranked rounds.

so just doubling prior to new tier rounds would be 220-230 ( low end number ) rate of play for about 6 weeks down to actual 60-70 for 6 weeks.

Not sure if I was one of the people you were referring to (greatwhite did mention my name in an earlier reply) but I went to Myrtle Beach for the Blair O' Neal prize the last week of august and decided to get my real life golf game in order prior to the trip.   Since the trip my game is actually in pretty good shape so I've continued to spend days off playing on the real course over virtual resulting in less rounds played.

• Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 10:48 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    Not sure if I was one of the people you were referring to

No you were not.

RSS