Forums

Help › Forums

New Course openings...

Mon, May 24 2010 5:41 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 7:14 PM

I just thought of something... it may be a bit off... but hear me out...

I understand that this post will receive several comments and may draw some ire from other player of this fantastic game...

here's the idea...

Next course to be released {after Oakmont or what ever is up WGT's sleeve} should be released on the Monday as when the weekly Tournaments are started... However.. the new course should be set up as when played for the first time... The round is ranked and posted as a tournament - single play {for 7 days as a weekly} with appropriate Tier rankings as normally... and after and ONLY after the first round is POSTED in the tournament shall it be UNLOCKED for multiple round practice, MatchPlay {Challenge (where allowed)} and Multi-player rounds... The catch is that in the event that a player chooses to Withdraw the course will remain LOCKED untill the following Monday after the Tourney closes... {that is the part for complaints}

I figure that with doing that... Everyone will have a more fair chance at posting a decent standing in the tournament... Being that no one has had any practice time before... Unknown course... Unknown challenges... to me... it sounds like a good idea... getting it so that it opens after the Tornament round is completed and POSTED will be a tough challenge for the WGT crew but maybe an Award like Kia and BP could be the trigger that unlocks it... I have thought of the ISP and PC disconnecting issues that may prevent the round from being finished legitimately thus keeping the course locked for the remaining time of that first week... I dont really have any thoughts on how that can be monitored except by creating a {WITHDRAW} tab that will log and POST the WD for the score {a WD will cause the course to be locked untill the trial time has expired}... There is the thing about some tourneys that when the browser window is closed one may come back and pick up the round where He/She and dropped off...So i think that if one wants to play a new course be ready to get at it with out any prep time... Maybe YOU will get lucky and catch a few breaks a post atop the leaderboard...  

just finished re-reading this and thats about it... nothing much more... seems simple... but its just a thought... and to me it sounds like real fun... so i hope ya'll have figured out how to zoom in and check the green {breaks, ridges and flat spots}...

I know right now that after you have read this post you have one opinon of this or another... Its either you agree or think its complete 'hogwash and a ridiculous idea'... Either or.. to each their own... Keeping this in mind... tis only an IDEA ... its not written in stone....

Till next time... Have fun...{your not gonna lose the house if ya dont break par}

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 8:21 PM

I'm with you sylverhare.  I think that would be a hell of a lot of fun.  Would be fun seeing everybody's scores since they couldn't withdraw and have to post to unlock the course.  Don't know if they have the programming options to set that up but I'm all for it.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 10:47 PM

I like had to read that 3 times before it all sunk in..lol..IM thick as a brick sometimes! Excellent ideas, IM with ya all the way.

Hey if your a LEARNING MASTER, play a match play challenge with Jake sometime. I learned a couple of tricks, and he was fun to play with too.  well worth the 111 credits. Managed to go 8 holes with him on St Andies before the match got closed out

1,644 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 7:10 AM

Thumbs up here! (my 28 would have stood a good chance!)

• sylverhare75
    44 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 6:12 PM

Well i thought this would have gotten more responses... Looks like it just needs to be pushed back out front again and see... OR... Maybe one of the WGT type persons could move this thread over to the 'Product Suggestion' group...

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 7:51 PM

Honestly, I think that's a great idea =)

• surfaboy808
    12 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 7:57 PM

this game really has a lack of courses!

• KyRock75
    411 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 8:11 PM

Seems like a great idea!! Would give a whole new meaning to playing a course for the first time with no practice at all. Good thinking sylverhare!

• Colber
    19 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 2:08 AM

I think thats a great idea and could be used in all types of the courses whether it be the stroke or CTTH for those who would rather play one style or the other same idea applies play and post to unlock that style.

• Barbarossa
    121 Posts
    Mon, May 24 2010 4:42 AM

Play and post to unlock.  Sounds good to me.  I like it.

• PAGES
RSS