Forums

Help › Forums

Follow up to: MisterWGT Chat #2

Wed, Aug 1 2012 6:49 AM (111 replies)
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:26 PM

Darn, I missed it again...too busy at work.   Too bad nobody recorded it and put it on livestream,  well as far as I know, they didn't.

Looking forward to new pins on Kia just as much as a new course :-).

• PCFRASER
    111 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:34 PM

I asked the question during chat but there was not enough time to get to it I guess. 

Although trivial in comparison to the questions others have, 

I would like to know if there are any plans to get more brands of equipment into the pro shop i.e. Callaway?? 

I love WGT as is for the most part, I just feel it would be interesting to shoot with clubs on here that I actually use on the real links. I truly believe it would Keep the game A little more interesting.

Thank for your time.

• Courtney01
    912 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:44 PM

Hello All as Promised By WGTIcon here is the chat and well before the 48 Hours.

Please read then post Questions Based on the chat. Thanking you all

Courtney

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

<MisterWGT> let's begin...

21:05 <MisterWGT> First... we'll start with the news!

21:06 <MisterWGT> You are hearing it here first...

21:06 <MisterWGT> Merion is a go -- green light granted!

21:07 <MisterWGT> so, as I mentioned last update, the contract process takes many cycles, presentations, etc

21:07 <MisterWGT> but it's all good and we'll assemble the WGT crew in PA in the near future!

21:07 <MisterWGT> so look forward to Merion next year!

<MisterWGT> and we'll give some news/blog updates as it's going through development to give the community even more "behind the scenes" access

<MisterWGT> so stay tuned and sign-up for my twitter feed if you want info as it happens

Courtney  (courtney01): <MisterWGT> twitter.com/misterwgt

<MisterWGT> ok... moving on

21:10 <WGTgator> Reminder to everyone, please click on WGTicon, WGTpizza, or WGTgator and send us a PM if you have any questions during this chat.

MisterWGT> Second bit of news...

<MisterWGT> the next release, next week, is going to introduce a new tier -- TOUR LEGEND

<MisterWGT> this will become the new cream of the crop of WGT players within the community

<MisterWGT> to enter this tier...

21:12 <MisterWGT> once released...

<MisterWGT> will be based on existing legends averaging under 60 after 100 ranked rounds

<MisterWGT> to be clear... this means 100 additional ranked rounds following the release

<MisterWGT> in the coming weeks, we will announce specific events/tourneys/etc for this tier

<MisterWGT> but it will become the tier for the best-of-the-best to compete

MisterWGT> and naturally, please feel free to send us your input & feedback as it's rolled out & matures

21:16 <WGTicon> (if you send me your question and I don't reply - I am not ignoring you)

MisterWGT> There's more news to come and I'll be sure to release some info with each of these chats...

21:17 <MisterWGT> but for now... let's go to questions!

<MisterWGT> #1 theme of the last few weeks has been multi-accounters/sandbaggers/cheaters

21:17 <MisterWGT> let's start here if everyone doesn't mind.

<MisterWGT> Multi-accounters... here's our stance

<MisterWGT> it is absolutely our policy that multi-accounters are not allowed

<MisterWGT> we don't turn a blind eye to this and there is no financial incentive for us to simply "allow it"

<MisterWGT> however... we do take a "innocent until proven guilty" approach

<MisterWGT> and in many cases, it's quite difficult to prove with certainty

<MisterWGT> Now... when either WE or the community brings someone to our attention, we look into it

<MisterWGT> we will ban accounts and do so... daily/weekly

<MisterWGT> so to be clear... we have a process and members of our staff who look into this

<MisterWGT> we cannot speak to the specifics of all the "tools" that we use...

<MisterWGT> but again, to be clear, it helps when the community joins in this effort and brings accounts into question

<MisterWGT> just know that, at times, our tools cannot with absolute certainty prove it's a violation

<MisterWGT> on this theme... let's address sandbaggers, tiers & equipment...

21:27 <MisterWGT> (and remember: feel free to send follow-up questions and we'll circle back)

<MisterWGT> Sandbaggers & tourney wins...

<MisterWGT> in the near future, our system for advancing through tiers will take into account tournament wins

<MisterWGT> when the system was designed originally, it wasn't tied to tournaments and more so a player's play in ranked rounds

<MisterWGT> as example, several of the players who placed in the Congressional tourney... they will advance based on the new system

<MisterWGT> This seems like a good transition to equipment and level-up boosts

<MisterWGT> In the Sept release, L65+ equipment will only be available to Pro+ players

<MisterWGT> this is done to address many of the concerns re: lower-tier players using upper-tier equipment

<MisterWGT> So this will create the structure that clubs/equipment will be tier-based as opposed to simply your level

21:35 <MisterWGT> again... we welcome constructive feedback, concerns, etc as these are being finalized

21:35 <MisterWGT> which is one of the reasons why I wanted to mention them here today

21:36 <MisterWGT> so please... give us your opinions!

<MisterWGT> I'd like to give as much clarity as I can

<MisterWGT> jumping to a follow-up:

21:39 <MisterWGT> <Bulfrog2004> whats going to be done about merion being as short as it is if anything?

21:39 <MisterWGT> Good question!

<MisterWGT> In the coming weeks, I will be lucky enough to sit with the Merion management and maintenance staff to discuss this very issue!

MisterWGT> hole length, granted, is fairly locked (outside of USGA-requested course changes)

<MisterWGT> for example, the USGA had Olympic add bunkers, move tee boxes, etc for this year's open

<MisterWGT> Merion will be going through a similar process (if not started already)

<MisterWGT> and we'll make sure we take those into account

<MisterWGT> second element will be our coming system for surface lies

21:43 <WGTicon> oh oh!

21:43 <MisterWGT> i.e. where slopes will actually affect the flight of the ball

21:43 <Gazz> meh

<MisterWGT> Gazz... let's see if you repeat! :)

<MisterWGT> Next chat session... we're going to dive in far greater depth into surface lies

21:46 <MisterWGT> as it will be coming about that time

<MisterWGT> I'm reading through a number of follow-up questions re: surface lies and other shot making tools...

21:49 <MisterWGT> let's save those for the next session

<MisterWGT> (which might very well be from Merion)

21:49 <MisterWGT> ;)

<MisterWGT> <tonyturbo78> any idea if there could be a bigger xp bonus for finishing top 10?

<MisterWGT> Interesting thought... Definitely something we'll consider.

21:51 <MisterWGT> Another question:

21:51 <MisterWGT> Lee Westwood and Lee Janzen have both lost balls shot into the trees at Olympic during USGA Open play. Will this “feature” be added to game

<MisterWGT> LOL... probably not. Trees can stop & slow ball flights... but "eat" them, no.

<MisterWGT> <jaycen129> Was wondering if any process has started for next years British Open????

<MisterWGT> British is in negotiation... that's all I can say at this time.

21:54 <MisterWGT> But in all seriousness... I want the Masters as well! :)

<MisterWGT> So please continue the campaign by submitting feedback to the Masters site

<MisterWGT> I'm hearing a few follow-up questions re: Tour Legends and the new 100 ranked rounds

<MisterWGT> We have a system that evaluates several elements of your game to determine your tier

<MisterWGT> (as I mentioned before, we will be adding tournament wins to this system)

<MisterWGT> when tour legends rolls out... it will take into account your current average

<MisterWGT> but it will take into account... your average after 100-new ranked rounds have posted

<MisterWGT> <YankeeJim> Is Kiawah getting released soon with new pins?

<MisterWGT> Indeed it is... in the next release!

<MisterWGT> I've been playing the course with the new locations and it's quite good...

22:00 <MisterWGT> looking forward to seeing it go live!

<MisterWGT> So we're closing in on 1 hour...

<MisterWGT> so please send in your final questions before I jump off...

22:02 <MisterWGT> but I do want to emphasize one thing before I go

<MisterWGT> I, along with the other members of the WGT community staff, want to continue the trend of greater transparency

<MisterWGT> as you've seen today... I'll mention features that are coming or in-process... with the idea this will spur conversation and feedback

<MisterWGT> I and many people here read the forums and features will evolve or improve based on your input

<MisterWGT> when features are still early, I will be a bit more vague... but that will change as we get closer to release

<MisterWGT> <liquidsky> Will CC owners be given more power over the clubs?

<MisterWGT> Definitely want to improve owners tools and have a roadmap for this... but a feature specific you feel is key, just let us know

22:06 <MisterWGT> it might already be on our list!

MisterWGT> if not... you just helped us define the roadmap!

<MisterWGT> <lvietri> Will we have a WGT meet-up in the future?

<MisterWGT> This is definitely something I would LOVE to pull together and our marketing team is all for it as well.

<MisterWGT> Just a matter of the timing and which course would like to host!

<MisterWGT> Promise we'll all behave?

<MisterWGT> ;)

22:08 b0gey promises with his fingers crossed

22:08 <lvietri> nope

<MisterWGT> (scenes from Caddyshack come to mind)

<MisterWGT> Caddy swim -- 1:00pm - 1:15pm

22:08 <MisterWGT> ;)

<MisterWGT> Once we know... we'll definitely let you all know

<MisterWGT> because the goal would be to have everyone who can attend... have enough heads-up to make it so!

<MisterWGT> Ok... I need to wrap-up unfortunately...

<MisterWGT> but thank you all for coming out again... asking questions... sharing your concerns & feedback

<MisterWGT> LASTLY... some of the follow-up questions that I didn't get time to answer here, we'll respond via the forums

22:12 <MisterWGT> Thank you all again...

MisterWGT> Over & out

Look forward to the Updates and coming New changes

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 3:50 PM

here you go folks :)

• Courtney01
    912 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 4:06 PM

I have A few Questions On the Above...

1) When will WGT only have certain Clubs for Tiers, thus With the longer tee Advantage needs to be given there. I know MrWGT has said   

<MisterWGT> In the Sept release, L65+ equipment will only be available to Pro+ players

<MisterWGT> this is done to address many of the concerns re: lower-tier players using upper-tier equipment.

I do however feel this should be Based on all Equipment and Tiers all the way Up to the New Legend Tier called Tour legend. Will we see this or is this only based up to Pro level and L65?

2) Second question is based on the Tour Legend Tier. Is 60 av not a little Hi and how many are Below 60 at this stage, with the number growing are we not going to see Many moaning In days to come. I have not seen Gerorb's List on Legends This month But believe there will be Many Under the 60 Level. What % Is that considering How many Legends?

Will this also come with Tour Legend Equipment ( Making fair play for lower and less Skilled players Is good But Fair play also needs to be Done with the "Cream of the Crop" Players, Drivers, clubs and or balls?

3) Can we get more incite into Slope Play and when Slopes will effect the shot. Most Fairways are not flat and slope in one way or the other, is this what you mean By slope Play?

Is this A deviation Or will slopes Play the same on the same slope?

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 4:42 PM

the next release, next week, is going to introduce a new tier -- TOUR LEGEND this will become the new cream of the crop of WGT players within the community to enter this tier... 21:12 once released... will be based on existing legends averaging under 60 after 100 ranked rounds to be clear... this means 100 additional ranked rounds following the release

* When these <60 avg players are upgraded to TOUR LEGEND players, how is their game play going to be effected? If no changes, then what is the point of the new tier? It will be just another meaningless 'title'. Kinda like a 62 shooting, level 90+ 'master'.

* "...100 additional rounds..."? If these <60 avg players never play anything but tournaments, how long do you realistic think it will take for them to accumulate 100+ rounds?  100 tournaments I guess.  One tourney per week, 100 weeks.  LOL

Just curious.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 4:43 PM

<MisterWGT> this is done to address many of the concerns re: lower-tier players using upper-tier equipment.

I really don't see what this accomplishes.  The problem is exactly with Pro's - Tour Pros playing with L65+ equipment and Masters/TM's playing with L88+ equipment.

So a Pro can now play with the R11 irons and L88 driver... cool.  What has changed?

Has anyone seen an Amateur with L65+ gear or R11's?  lol.

MisterWGT, with respect, these changes address none of the concerns recently and emphatically expressed in this forum.  It seems as though you are misinformed or just ignoring them. 

Hopefully, I am totally misunderstanding something or just terribly short sighted.  As always, I welcome correction and explanation.

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 4:45 PM

Courtney01:

3) Can we get more incite into Slope Play and when Slopes will effect the shot.

LOL,  Oakmont will be like a walk in the park compared to what RSG will be like.

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 4:49 PM

TheSpaghettiKid:

I really don't see what this accomplishes.  The problem is exactly with Pro's - Tour Pros playing with L65+ equipment and Masters/TM's playing with L88+ equpiment.

So a Pro can now play with the R11 irons and L88 driver... cool.  What has changed?

Has anyone seen an Amateur with R11's?  lol.

Agreed 100% 

I was in the chat. i kina laughed at that one. And no address about the R11s drivers, which for 2 weeks was the hot button issue in the forum.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jul 25 2012 5:12 PM

TheSpaghettiKid:
    I really don't see what this accomplishes. 

"So this will create the structure that clubs/equipment will be tier-based..."  

This is what I saw as relevant to the existing problem. They're creating a tool for them to use and expand on. I don't believe much is going to be done about existing situations other than promote but as they fine tune their efforts we should see less and less of the problem.

RSS