Forums

Help › Forums

Up to pro ranking... Error..

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 5 2010 3:44 PM (7 replies)
  • TinPotRay
    22 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 3:38 AM

I can't enter comps now that I'm up to Pro.

Is it because I now need to purchase some pro equipment?

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 11:24 AM

Hi Ray,

It looks like you purchased some Pro clubs after you advanced to a higher tier.  You cannot use those new clubs in the tournament you entered in a lower tier, because it would be unfair to use Pro level clubs from the Amateur tees.

In any new tournament you enter as a Pro, you will be able to use your new clubs.  To compete in tournaments that you entered as an Amateur, you must re-equip clubs that Amateurs are permitted to use.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 11:26 AM

Hi TinPot,

If you try to replay a tournament as a Pro that you previously entered as an Amateur you'll get an error informing you that your equipment doesn't match the tier.  This is just to prevent players from making the Pro tier, loading up on Pro equipment and then going back to compete in Amateur tournaments.

To play in any tournaments you entered while still an Amateur you'll need to take the pro clubs out of the bag.  You will compete as a pro in any tournaments you enter from this point forward and will be able to use Pro tier clubs then with no problems.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 2:15 PM

Car 54, Car 54.. we have a pile-up in this thread... seems WGTNiv was ninja'd by an Admin.  We need medical and fire, code-3.

If you hurry we can save him... we have the tools, we have the technology.. he can be stronger... faster...

(Fade in ominous music, fade out to black)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 3:13 PM

LMAO-What dedication. Falling all over themselves to be helpful. Very impressive (unless Niv's shift started at 11 and he was out playing golf, or something and showed up late.)

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 3:27 PM

Snaike:
    If you hurry we can save him... we have the tools, we have the technology.. he can be stronger... faster...

Ah-wah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah ;-)

• TinPotRay
    22 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 3:43 PM

Well explained! Thanks guys.

So when the next comps open and I enter... I'll enter at the pro level, from pro tees, and I can use my new fancy gear?

Cool.

:)

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 3:44 PM

Exactly.  Good luck!

RSS