Forums

Help › Forums

A Garage Sale

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 4 2010 10:02 AM (4 replies)
  • Dutch57
    362 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 6:21 AM

Seems there are  3  problems   that can be cured with one  suggestion.

1.  People with limited funds that need  clubs.

2. Players with  good  clubs that are no longer needed.

3. WGT  making money on  the sale of  equipment.

A garage sale  would serve  the entire community.  It would  keep everyone  happy.  

I could  not only  clean out my  closet  but  allow  someone  the chance to improve their bag o clubs  in a  thrifty manor,  I then could buy what i  wanted because i could sell my old  clubs for more than the pittance  that WGT offers  for  the  resale price.   The brand new player would be happy  over the bargans.  Same for the  pros and  Masters.  An so would  WGT  as  most  would  be replacing what they sold  from WGT , thus increasing sales in the pro  shop.  

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 11:06 AM

I think the idea is a great one, Im just wondering if WGT is hesitant in doing this because you are essentially offering the same product for a cheaper price. 

A used club versus a new club does not differ in the virtual world, therefore WGT would expect to make a profit from the transaction aside from just the replacement of the sold driver/wedge/irons etc...at least that is what I see as the potential problems. 

In doing so, they are dealing with very small margins...What would they charge for a transaction?  10 credits, 20 credits, 50, credits?  I imagine used drivers and wedges would be going for a price that is not too much more expensive than that, although I havent looked at the prices in a little while.

I dont know the economics behind it, or what exactly would go into the feature from a programmatic perspective, however I do think it is a great idea and one that would foster the community and enhance connections between users.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 7:38 AM

This idea could put a dent in new club sales. You can sell back clubs for a 25% net gain. No one goes to garage sale and buys a brand new G15 driver for 75% off. There would have to be a club depreciation put in place. As it stands, the clubs are brand new everytime you use them. I don't know about this one.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 8:05 AM

Richard4168:

This idea could put a dent in new club sales. You can sell back clubs for a 25% net gain. No one goes to garage sale and buys a brand new G15 driver for 75% off. There would have to be a club depreciation put in place. As it stands, the clubs are brand new everytime you use them. I don't know about this one.

I have to agree. If you could buy used clubs they would need to depreciate, otherwise WGT would lose all its previous pro shop sales. I think the idea has potential, but it needs work.

• Dutch57
    362 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 10:02 AM

Masters "could not " buy  at the garage sale  but could sell ....... This  market is a buyers market for  amateurs, pros , hacks  only.     If i was  wgt  owners ,  i would know this much.   Make it possible of the hack and amateur to  progress (  even on a limited budget ) is better than seeing them   leave  because they cant compete..

RSS