Help › Forums

2 disconnects back to back

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 19 2010 11:06 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:39 PM

1'st round , Snaike , abs (From Chile) , and myself. Rather uneventful round but very enjoyable ; anyway, on #6 at St. Andrews I froze after hitting reverse on tee-box, then got a message that  plug-in had become unresponsive and would i like to close, clicked no. 7 sec. left on shot clock it finally changes view and then WGT error page, which really stunk because it was my 1'st round with Snaike and he was kinda' growing on me...lol

2'nd  round,  i knew something was up right off because all the sounds were slightly delayed 1/2 a sec. or so. Get on the green at  once again #6 St. Andrews , hit reverse view for my putt and my chat was gone, menu wouldn't display , and i couldn't  move meter. Clock gets to zero...Wgt error page. So at this point , i don't know if it's my flash or if it's # 6.  at St. Andrews... Sorry to those involved in those 2 rounds.  "Ace"

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:16 PM

Hi Ace,

The error happening on the same hole is usually an indicator of a corrupt cache file that is necessary for that hole.  Clearing your flash & browser caches should alleviate that problem.

I'm assuming you're using Firefox, what was the name of the plugin that became unresponsive?

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 9:33 PM

Flash player was the plug-in and i was on chrome. And thnx for such a quick reply.   :)  Something i might add that i've noticed. In matchplay challenge , the last person to putt on # 9 St. Andrews locks. Which hasn't really been a huge prob. so far because we have just been X-ing off and going back to the lobby. But that has happened to several people including myself, but like i said, it's who ever has the last putt.   "Ace"

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 10:19 PM

Hmm, that's interesting.  I've never heard of the actual flash plugin crashing like that.  I might suggest a complete uninstall & reinstall of the plugin.  That doesn't sound like your usual cache loading error.

The St. Andrews issue we are aware of.  It was reported by another user a few days ago and a report has been sent to our developers.  We'll be putting out a fix for that ASAP.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 10:51 PM

OK , thank you niv. I can find an uninstall in system requirements  ?  Infinito and I just played 9 and in the fairway # 6 it loaded really slow when it was changing over to my approach / turn and i thought  "Here we go",  but it didn't crash and was fine afterwards.  But, i'll take your advise and reinstall....thnx again.   "Ace"

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:11 PM

If you decide to uninstall/reinstall the flash plugin you can use the links below.  Be sure to close all other programs before running the uninstall and reboot your PC after it's completed.  When you're back in business head on over to Adobe once more and install the latest non-beta flash version.

Uninstall Adobe Flash: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Re-install Flash for Chrome/FF: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 4:48 PM

Niv, not that it's good news for me...lol  but it finally happened again... 1'st time since you gave me the link...i just wanted you to see it and so the others involved in those 2 rounds would know that i didn't leave our game intentionally.    thnx   "Ace"

I froze after hitting reverse on tee-box, then got a message that plug-in had become unresponsive and would i like to close, 

what was the name of the plugin that became unresponsive?

Flash player was the plug-in and i was on chrome

Hmm, that's interesting. I've never heard of the actual flash plugin crashing like that.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 12:56 PM

I'm not sure what could be causing the unresponsive error.  I looked around google a little bit and found this thread which has folks mentioning the same problem.  One person had success by removing their sound card drivers and reinstalling them, another commented on how Adobe is not fully supported on a 64-bit OS (if you have one.)

I might try switching over to FF for a little (same plugin, diff browser) to see if the problem extends into FF as well.  Unfortunately, there's nothing that we can do solve that one for you, aside from recommending another uninstall/reinstall or trying to switch browsers. =(

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 2:05 PM

WGTniv:

Bookmarked it.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, May 18 2010 2:13 PM

Thank you niv  ,  i'll check the thread , and  the sound card driver re-install is an aspect i had'nt  considered.  This issue is'nt really a major problem for me , it only occurs once in a blue moon .   Thank you for trying .   

"Ace"

• PAGES
RSS