Forums

Help › Forums

number of people that quit is amazing

Sat, May 1 2010 2:53 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Broogyman
    2 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 4:36 AM

I'm playing here for couple of weeks and the number of people that quit during game is really anoying.

For every 5 games that i play only one i can finish with all the players.

Something should be done regarding this since it ruins the game and it's not fair for those who don't quit.

It's not the point to be a master or pro it's just to have fun!!!

If something is not done i will stop playing since i really don't have the nerves for this.

All the best for all of you who play this for fun and not for rank.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 11:13 AM

Hi Broogy,

Reputation tracking is a planned feature on our Roadmap.  When it's ready to go you'll be able to see the multiplayer completion rates for each player and that way you'll know ahead of time who's likely to finish out with you and who's not.

In the meantime I encourage you to take steps to find the good folks to play with.  Only add the people who complete rounds to your friends list or try one of the two popular fan sites that are out there like the Ladders or Golfseekers.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 3:12 PM

WGTniv:
    Only add the people who complete rounds to your friends list or try one of the two popular fan sites that are out there like the Ladders or Golfseekers.

Ladders at www.wgtls.co.uk.

Enjoy

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 3:42 PM

Golfseeker is  here

Guaranteed player  equality using official handicapping software.

Most formats similar to the real thing including Stableford, Monthly medals. Leagues and a lot more

New season is less than 2 weeks away.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 3:55 PM

hmmm... Ladders and Golfseeker are both UK.

I wonder what that's supposed to tell us?

Perhaps that our friends 'across the pond' are more into fair play and sportsmanship than us Yanks?

Something to ponder... lol

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 6:39 PM

WGTniv:
    Reputation tracking is a planned feature on our Roadmap.  When it's ready to go you'll be able to see the multiplayer completion rates for each player and that way you'll know ahead of time who's likely to finish out with you and who's not.

niv, will this somehow be configured into the game setup menu as an option, ie - select only players with a completion rate >80%, etc? If it isn't available to use as a guide for selecting players to play with, then it isn't gonna help much. Doesn't do any good to find out you're matched with a couple guys who always quit once the game launches. 

There sure is a need to address the quitters option, and you've seen some of the options discussed around these threads - I just don't see a usefulness in this unless it somehow allows a filter in the game setup menu, to block those who are below a certain %'age, if desired. Hopefully there can be a long-term solution put in place by WGT that simply stops quitting (hint hint)!

VaHaLo

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:20 AM

VanHalenLover:
    niv, will this somehow be configured into the game setup menu as an option, ie - select only players with a completion rate >80%, etc?
    That is/was/(will be?) the original intent VaHaLo... they just need to iron out the bugs related to determining that percentage...so it's on the back shelf for now.

• Sriley13
    235 Posts
    Wed, Apr 28 2010 11:59 AM

Snaike:

hmmm... Ladders and Golfseeker are both UK.

I wonder what that's supposed to tell us?

Perhaps that our friends 'across the pond' are more into fair play and sportsmanship than us Yanks?

Something to ponder... lol

This is what i was trying to point out to you in my other post, Snaike.  i play both ladders and golfseekers and they are both good for the non-quitters

Golfseekers is a site that is designed to level the playing field by establishing and playing with hdcps.  We are launching a new season on May 10th you should come over and give it a try.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 10:53 AM

I know u guys are working on the Reputation thing.... but it's not going to work....sorry!!!     The only way to stop the Quitter problem is to LOCK them up from playing ANYTHING until they complete their round.     Simple solution!        You have your Rental programmed  set at 24  hours.... u keep track of that, right?      Well just add that programming to a Quitter who uses the MENU box to quit or the Red X to quit.       That gives the Quitter a choice..... complete the round, or wait 24 hours to play anything on WGT.       Don't worry, you're not going to lose players, you'll probably see an increase in the Multi-Play Practice rounds and your so-called FAIR tournaments that are filled with sandbaggers!     (Masters not included).           

• Broogyman
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 1:13 PM

I think that the only way is to be able to give someone good or bad points only one time and that everybody can see how many points you got before the game.

This is one way and the other would be the percentage of finished games.

I really don't see any other way to solve this problem.

• PAGES
RSS