Help › Forums

Yards to Feet Conversion

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:56 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:36 PM

Maybe I've missed something, but is there a way (Option) for the game to convert yards to feet when putting from the fringe?  Maybe some can do this in their heads, as for me, I need paper, pencils and a calculator (wink).  Anyway, its on my wish list for future updates.              

Joey

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:56 PM

Joeyola:
    Maybe some can do this in their heads, as for me, I need paper, pencils and a calculator (wink). 

I have found a slide rule works best...but not great

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 11:49 PM

or.......

an abacus! ya, that's it; an abacus

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:28 AM

This little piggie is 1 foot, this little piggie is 2 feet and this little piggie is 3 feet.

Ahh, never mind-giving away secrets.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 5:29 AM

I just use my fingers but my putts only go 3 yards (6 if I use my toes)...

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:22 AM

first, convert the yards into meters.   then, convert the meters into parsecs.   then, convert the parsecs into smoots, and finally the smoots into feet.

hth

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:28 AM

marioh:
    first, convert the yards into meters.   then, convert the meters into parsecs.   then, convert the parsecs into smoots, and finally the smoots into feet.

What no chains, links or rods in there???

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:07 AM

marioh:

What no chains, links or rods in there???

lol, those are some old school measurements that these youngings have probably never heard of.    :-)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 7:39 AM

I like to convert yards to feet using the cubit method. Now that's an ancient way of measuring Marioh. lol

1 cubit = 18 inches. Noah's Ark, 300 cubits, or 450 feet.

Or this method, measure the distance between your thumb and your pinky finger. Yep, 8 inches every time.

Your foot is exactly the same length as your forearm from your wrist to the inside of your elbow. Try it.

Joey, there's 3 feet in a yard. Just simply multiply the yardage times three, and you'll have your footage.

20 yards = 60 feet

30 yards = 90 feet and so on.

I kind of like to see the yardage from the fringe sometimes, because then I can punch, or hit a full shot.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 8:44 AM

cubits, now you're getting biblical on us rich.  :)

But, back to the original thread starter, to find out the true distance in feet from yards when the shot is shown in yards, all you have to do is move the aim pointer forward and backwards (in the same shot line).

So, for example, if the game says you're 5 yards away, and barely moving the aim pointer closer to the player drops down to 4 yards, then you know you're facing a "short" 5 yards.   Same applies for the opposite which would be a "long" 5 yards.   If it takes the same amount of movement both forward and backward before the yardage changes, then you know it's a true 5 yard, or 15 foot shot.

• PAGES
RSS