Forums

Help › Forums

WGF Tour 2012 - Visit W8 & W9 threads

Thu, Aug 9 2012 6:43 AM (737 replies)
  • briggs8587
    278 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 12:24 AM

Hey Jim,

Looks like a sweet Tourney mate... i'll throw in 2000 creds also mate.

Stu

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 1:16 AM

MioKontic:

I didn't see it in the opening post (sorry if it's there and I somehow missed it), but can you please explain 'restricted equipment'.  Are you referring to, say, games without woods or wedges for example, or does it extend to a certain iron/club set being used.

Good question Mio; without saying directly, I have hinted that there will be some events that do have equipment restrictions. The names of a few of the scheduled events will probably give a good indication of what to expect ;)

The majority of the tour will be played with normal equipment but I think by throwing in the odd curveball, it'll challenge every player to the maximum throughout. This is why I will again emphasize that all players need to be aware of the need to post screenshots with their equipment showing. The rules have been set out clearly where players don't follow this requirement.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 1:21 AM

Many thanks to Josh, Hobbe, Jordan and Stu for adding further credits to the prize pool. We've now broken the 80000 credit mark so we're looking good for giving out a decent prize fund throughout the duration of the tours' 14 events.

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 1:24 AM

bfghd:

If you get enough players, are you going to start this early??

Thanks for this questions. I can 100% confirm that it will not happen before the completion of the Virtual US Open. Too many players are focusing their attention on preparing for this event and I wouldn't want this to cause an unnecessary distraction to those players who will be competing in both events (all the tour management included).

We'll have a discussion about perhaps bringing the start date forward to allow everyone to have plenty of time to complete the first tour event but at this stage, I can't confirm either way.

• GoHardGoHome
    965 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:01 AM

These tournaments are awesome (p.s.: great to see Coolswing back playing, hope he's signed up!). Takes the pressure and your playing to a different level, gets you meeting & playing with great people and ultimately makes you want to be a better player.

Put me in for 2000 credits guys, can't wait!!

Cheers

GoHardGoHome

• OahuKahuna
    93 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:12 AM

Just wanted to give a huge thanks to jimbeam & the Tournament staff for holding/organizing what sounds like a fantastic tourney.....look forward to playing against/along side some of the greats here on WGT...

Kahuna

• stevenharkin
    1,921 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:44 AM

fair play to you Jim..looks a great set up!!

should get me going again!!..can i just add that my main playin time would be 7.30 pm til about 10.30 pm (it's currently set at 5pm til 9pm)

cheers

• OahuKahuna
    93 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 6:54 AM

Apologize in advance for being a dunderhead but couldn't find any answers in the help area....I operate on Google Chrome & when I press the 'print screen' key to test my skills, no other screen pops up to save it anywhere??...I do know that other people posted the same thing, but there were no definitive answer to this that I could find.

So if anyone knows could they either give me a pm or post it here please....it can't be that hard can it even for this challenged dude...lol.

A big thanks again. :(

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:00 AM

Thanks to GHGH for the sponsorship and the positive comments from other players (I changed your times Steven but they were only a rough guideline anyway).

OahuKahuna:

Apologize in advance for being a dunderhead but couldn't find any answers in the help area....I operate on Google Chrome & when I press the 'print screen' key to test my skills, no other screen pops up to save it anywhere??...I do know that other people posted the same thing, but there were no definitive answer to this that I could find.

I'd personally suggest using the following tool (thanks Les ;) ):

http://getgreenshot.org/

It's very simple to use and sits unobtrusively on your hard drive until you need to open it. Saves all the hassle with copying and pasting etc...

I'm sure other people maybe able to suggest different solutions.

• OahuKahuna
    93 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2012 7:36 AM

Here is 1st attempt to save a screen shot from Google chrome..lol

RSS