Help › Forums

If you're a master.....

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 16 2010 9:37 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nine76chris
    92 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:40 PM

.......and can play a 9 hole without quitting in the first 2 because of bad shots, send me an invite.  It's rare that I can finish a round with all the players.  Sure, I could play it out by myself, but I like a little pressure from a player at my level. Makes the game much more interesting.  Thx.

-Chris 

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:14 PM

Happened to you to, had the same thing yesterday got to the 2nd at st andy's he had a couple bad putts and disconnected, I consider that unsociable and bad sportsmanship

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 8:49 PM

Howdy...

You cats ought'a check out "The Ladders" .They wont quit on ya there.

Here's a link if you want   theladders@wgt.agls.org.uk

*Edit*  Thanks for the correct link CSC...

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:10 PM

Ladders site has moved the new link ishttp://www.wgtls.co.uk

hope this helps CSC

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 3:05 AM

Inviting

Mick

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 9:24 AM

GITrDONE:
    You cats ought'a check out "The Ladders" .They wont quit on ya there.

Cool! Good to know. I see a few PROS there too.

Thanks!

Rob

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:01 AM

nine76chris:
    and can play a 9 hole without quitting in the first 2 because of bad shots, send me an invite

I've achieved the Master rank, with only an upgraded driver and putter (everything else is Tour Starter Equipment) and I have quit on exactly one Multiplayer game.  (One of the foursome decided to be a complete DH and spammed the chat continously, run the clock all the way down and hit the ball with his putter... )

Just as an aside....  Was playing MatchPlay 9 with a Pro the other day... I got to 3Dn on the 4th hole and ended up winning the game.  Those who quit never experience that and I feel sorry for them.

Having said all that, I don't care if people quit.  I don't control their lives or their games... if they bail, they bail.  I win.  I move on. I try to play the golf course and try to beat my best score/shot on each hole.

But, I'm kinda strange.  Ask anyone.

Oh, and welcome to the site!

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 11:24 AM

Yeah quitting is probably the most contraversial subject on this webiste, but in the end I really don't think it matters. Who is getting better? The guy that can birdie the first three holes of every course and suck up the rest or the guy that plays consistent golf all 9-18 holes?

Welcome to the site mate, add me if you want to play I'm almost always on.

• stvnjj
    3 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 4:38 PM

Chris,  I'm a Pro, but I'm with you.  I sent you a friend request.  I can't tell you how many times I have played and I start getting up and my opponent disconnects.  I don't care if I'm down, I'm going to play as hard as I can and try and win.  That's what makes this game fun.

• nine76chris
    92 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 5:04 PM

Snaike:

Just as an aside....  Was playing MatchPlay 9 with a Pro the other day... I got to 3Dn on the 4th hole and ended up winning the game.  Those who quit never experience that and I feel sorry for them.

I hear you.  Couple days ago I had a double bogey on St. Andy #2.  Managed to finish with a 31.  Not bad(for me).  Had I quit I never would have got that score.  Everybody has bad days, just finish like a sportsman.  I played terrible last night but still stuck it out.

• PAGES
RSS